Page 2 of 3
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:46 pm
by Weedguru~N0isenkiss3s
abby wrote:Fanya wrote:Weedguru~N0isenkiss3s wrote:
First of all, get your hair trimmed, just an inch, every 3 months. This prevents your hair from getting split ends that can travel up the strand and render many more inches of damage than the inch you paid $15 bucks to get rid of.
This is bad advice... hair grows at 6 inches per year for pretty much everyone.
If you're a mutant it might grow a little faster or slower, but not much. Since it takes 3 months to grow 1.5 inches, I wouldn't recommend chopping 2/3rds of that progress off. It will take him an extremely long time to get his hair to shoulder length if he does what you're suggesting. I understand the importance of getting rid of split ends, believe me. It's much easier to grow his hair out to shoulder length (which should only take about 8 months if he's where he says he is) and then get rid of split ends later.
The other stuff you mentioned was spot on, very useful tips for maintaining healthy hair.
my hair grows really fast, does that make me a mutant?
Yes it does...FREAK.
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:47 pm
by WeedGuru_Flow
Weedguru~N0isenkiss3s wrote:*ahem*
You can part your hair any which way, it won't really effect the growth of your hair. Mine parts down the middle naturally, but I have side swept bangs so I have to straighten it.
First of all, get your hair trimmed, just an inch, every 3 months. This prevents your hair from getting split ends that can travel up the strand and render many more inches of damage than the inch you paid $15 bucks to get rid of.
Secondly, eat properly to promote hair growth. Items like eggs, red meat, milk or strawberries, broccoli, peas, oranges and grapefuits and poultry are ideal for protein and folic acid respectively...good items for your hair!
Third- WATER. WATER. WATER. Water gives you clear skin and shiny, healthy hair and strong nails. Dooo it.
Also, the occasional egg white wash for your hair will make it happy.
Always try to keep it untangled, but brush it gently. Work from the bottom of your hair moving upwards when you comb it...there's less chance of breaking hairs that turn into split ends!
My hair is about a foot and a half long at it's longest. Best of luck

believe me, she knows EVERYTHING there is to know about doing your hair.
Seriously

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:05 pm
by Certified-Nutter
just dont cut it? lol
hair will grow over time anyway, yes there are vitamins n all kinds if stuff that may aid hair growth, but feck it, just let it grow naturaly

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:26 pm
by Dakine
i endorse dan's comment.
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:07 pm
by Weedguru~N0isenkiss3s
Certified-Nutter wrote:just dont cut it? lol
hair will grow over time anyway, yes there are vitamins n all kinds if stuff that may aid hair growth, but feck it, just let it grow naturaly


I wasn't aware that protein and folic acid were unnatural

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:30 pm
by Certified-Nutter
Weedguru~N0isenkiss3s wrote:Certified-Nutter wrote:just dont cut it? lol
hair will grow over time anyway, yes there are vitamins n all kinds if stuff that may aid hair growth, but feck it, just let it grow naturaly


I wasn't aware that protein and folic acid were unnatural

toushay (or howeva it is spelt)
i have considered protein suppliments n whateva to grow my hair more, but whats the point? it means taking tablets or having a strict diet, n whats the point? your a stoner, just do it the
naturaly occuring way (i have chosen my words more carefuly, yes protein n folic acid are natural, in tablet form they are severely proccessed, n therefore do not 'naturaly occur'

lol)
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:16 pm
by Weedguru~N0isenkiss3s
Touche...with an accent above the e, for learning purposes!
No, supplements are depressing..haha I take Vitamin D..because I don't get enough sunlight (AMISADORWHAT?)...but that's why I suggested things he could eat that aren't really part of a strict diet stuff that he might be eating already...just like..steak and chicken and strawberries <3 YUM!
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:21 am
by Magnavox
I've gotten my hair trimmed about 1 or 2 times in the past 3 years or so, and my hair is about a few inches past my shoulders. I hear the more you trim your hair, the faster it grows though...
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:41 am
by Weedguru~N0isenkiss3s
That's not really true, unfortunatly. I used to hear that too, but what you cut off below really has no effect..
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:22 am
by Grrrl
I've not had a haircut for five years now, it was just below my shoulders then, now it is half way down my arse. Doesn't seem to have deterred growth much not getting it trimmed in my opinion. I may have split ends but tbh who really cares about split ends, guys dont even notice, theyr too busy looking at other areas of higher interest

I love my hair and I'll never chop it!!

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:42 pm
by Weedguru~N0isenkiss3s
I think I'm just mildly obsessive XD I always notice my split ends...and my hair tends to look very fuzzy when I've got a lot of split ends.
Besides, nothing feels as nice as a freshly cut hair. Mmmm silky!
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:13 am
by stnoed
hair tends to grow the best when you dont cut it
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:46 am
by Splifftastic Space Cadet
Step 1: Don't get haircut
Step 2: Don't get haircut
Step 3: Long hair complete
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:13 pm
by Certified-Nutter
i been growing my hair for about 4 years now, first two years i didnt cut it at all, then i had to trim it cos it was looking terrible, so i trimmed it, n gave it a new coloured streik (first pink, then blue) but they faded, i got it all coloured brown again n i havnt been back since (so thats about a year now i havnt had a trim)
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:30 pm
by Weedguru~N0isenkiss3s
I need a redo on my hightlights

I have chocolate brown hair and got copper red highlights all through it...The last time I cut my hair was..December 12th

but I need another trim..my bangs are growing out.