The amount of people in the USA far outweighs the amount of people here in the UK so obviously growing operations will be bigger over there. Also most commercial purpose weed in the UK comes from abroad, mostly imported straight from Holland in particular Amsterdam which if you have the right contacts is what is being sold in the cafes over there too, so the quality of weed is generally good. And because the quality and prices of weed are cheap here and the risks involved with busts and such like, people don't tend to grow for commercial purposes here so much.Dr. Greenthumb wrote:I was just thinking of all the great buds and big grow ops that come from California, Colorado, Northern Florida. UK isn't known for growing alot of pot while certain places in the US are famous for it. If there was more weed growing in the UK there would be no need to smoke so much soap and on top of that there wouldn't be such dry droughts. Not to mention all the Canada weed floating around....
That and most people here would rather just smoke it than learn about the plant properly and actually take time to learn how to grow. This would also explain the popularity of soap bar as people rarely take the time to learn what is actually in that shit besides the fact its dirt cheap. There aren't bare droughts here and they only tend to hit certain areas rather than the whole of the UK when they do occur, as like with most places.
I would concur that it would be impossible to determine whom had the better weed between the uk and the usa unless someone had been to both and sampled what green they each have to offer. As I have not been to the USA myself I would not even attempt to say which has higher quality bud. But as a current resident of the UK I hold no complaints about the quality of bud here.
On a whole I would say that the UK is better than the USA but purely because violent crimes here take place in a much smaller frequency. The amount of gun crime in the USA is phenomenal in comparison to most 'civilised' (and I use the term loosely) countries. Also the amount of racism throughout the USA on all sides of the dice is somewhat more common in the USA than the UK. I think people here tend to be generally more open to ethnic minorities and willing to encourage ethnic diversity. For example being asian, in particular moslim, and living in the USA must be extremely difficult since the whole 9/11 ordeal started especially after George Bush hinted towards, in many of his speechs, that the wars going on with terrorism had religious reasons entailed somehow in it.
However to view the UK in a more negative light, I see the USA as a ring leader (not a good thing), and the UK as more of a sidekick to the US in political terms. Yes George Bush is a war-mongering ape but Tony Blair chooses to back his up in most instances so who is the greater fool? I believe in a political sense neither the USA or UK is better than the other, we both suck and have archaic laws in place. I recently found out in a newspaper that my IQ is higher than George Bush's IQ, who scored a mere 98 which I think is actually below average. And it bemuses me that this guy actually got voted in and made president to rule over a country!!
Another thing that got my back up about the USA was the reaction to anti-bush and anti-bush government by musicians and movie stars. For example in a magazine a few months back i read an interview with Morrisey where he told of the interrogation he faced for several hours with the FBI after several anti-bush coments he had publicly made when he went to tour over there. He was also warned not to mention anything polictically based in any interviews whilst he was in the US or further action would be taken... Other artists such as Greenday and System of a Down have had similar treatment from the US government. This is disgusting to me as I believe in freedom of speech and a right to voice ones opinion. Clearly something George Bush and his croonies do not agree with.
But this is only my tuppence worth on this subject, I don't expect others to agree with me, merely to respect my opinion for what it is. It has been enlightening to see other peoples perspectives on these matters.
Peace







