Jay's grow - Update ~ 17/08/06 ~
Moderator: Moderators
-
Jay212
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2352
- Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:51 am
- Contact:
-
Jay212
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2352
- Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:51 am
- Contact:
Coming along pretty nicely. The second set of leaves are coming out a lot recently and I can already see the third coming.
12/08/06


I just noticed it kind of looks like I used some kind of photo editing on the weed plant to bring out the leaves, but I didn't. They are just really... precise...
12/08/06


I just noticed it kind of looks like I used some kind of photo editing on the weed plant to bring out the leaves, but I didn't. They are just really... precise...
If u aint from the hillz then homeboy lay it down ~ CWS
- Dr. Greenthumb
- Stoned Immaculate

- Posts: 8112
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
- Contact:
- CharlieB
- Casual toker

- Posts: 29
- Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:31 pm
- Location: where the sidewalk ends.....
- Contact:
-
Jay212
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2352
- Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:51 am
- Contact:
24 hours.Dr. Greenthumb wrote:Just keep those lights on it. How many hours a day are they getting?
Getting a grow light isn't an option. I'm moving the plant into a friends house in a really shitty neighbourhood and his house just got robbed for his dvd player, a nintendo 64 and some clothes and shit, so I don't think I should rush out and buy the products yet.
If u aint from the hillz then homeboy lay it down ~ CWS
-
Jay212
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2352
- Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:51 am
- Contact:
He/She is definately starting to recuperate from it's many various types of environmental transfers. I left for about 14 hours and the plant grew about half an inch, which is very good compared to the way it's been growing.
There will definately be a few photo updates tomorrow morning. Stay tuned!
There will definately be a few photo updates tomorrow morning. Stay tuned!
If u aint from the hillz then homeboy lay it down ~ CWS
- FIRE!!!
- Ganja God

- Posts: 4564
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:53 am
- Location: Deep South FL
- Contact:
-
'erb
- Casual toker

- Posts: 37
- Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:54 am
- Contact:
what a big fat pile of toshDr. Greenthumb wrote:Transplants definitely effect growth. What kinda light you got on it?

[img]http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f42/herbaliztik/th_logo2.gif[/img]
[url=http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showforum=142]uk420's FAQ's about growing[/url]
[url=http://www.uk420.com/]I Learnt everything i know on uk420.com[/url]
[url=http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showforum=142]uk420's FAQ's about growing[/url]
[url=http://www.uk420.com/]I Learnt everything i know on uk420.com[/url]
- thnkgod4weed
- Bonghead

- Posts: 276
- Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:12 am
- Location: In a crazy spiral downward to heaven
- Contact:
-
Jay212
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2352
- Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:51 am
- Contact:
I'm not sure the root size, but I am pretty sure it's not going to take up the entire pot. There's no stagnant water in the pot anymore either because of the pots holes in the bottom, which comes with a plastic piece under the pot which catches all the water, and lets me detatch it from the pot to pour the old, shitty water out.
The transplanting shit has also definately taken part in the stunning of growth during the past weeks. You can easily tell the difference in size from when the plant was being moved around, till its 5 days(i believe) in its new pot. Although, I do agree that my light is most likely too weak, it's all I have at the moment while the plant is still in my parents place.Observe...
You can see the third set of leaves coming out in this picture, along with the height the plant has grown.

This second picture might look a bit on the rough side because of the leaves. The one leaf looks as if it's been chewed on, but that's just the way it's grown since it sprouted.

Compare the growth difference of those pics with its previous and tell me the transfers didn't effect the plant. That height was grown in less than 14 hours.
The transplanting shit has also definately taken part in the stunning of growth during the past weeks. You can easily tell the difference in size from when the plant was being moved around, till its 5 days(i believe) in its new pot. Although, I do agree that my light is most likely too weak, it's all I have at the moment while the plant is still in my parents place.Observe...
You can see the third set of leaves coming out in this picture, along with the height the plant has grown.

This second picture might look a bit on the rough side because of the leaves. The one leaf looks as if it's been chewed on, but that's just the way it's grown since it sprouted.

Compare the growth difference of those pics with its previous and tell me the transfers didn't effect the plant. That height was grown in less than 14 hours.
If u aint from the hillz then homeboy lay it down ~ CWS
-
'erb
- Casual toker

- Posts: 37
- Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:54 am
- Contact:
look, i'm not trying to start any shit mate, but trust me, repotting has done fuck all bad to the plant. you've grown how many plants? how many times have you repotted? i've repotted EVERY plant i had. it is standard practice among commercial/professional growers. i have a pretty much pro setup. do you need evidence from a grower that's been growing longer than you've been alive? i can provide it. the stunting was down to you potting it into fucking dire grow medium. it's perked up since you moved it into something that it was suited for. you need to get it under at least fluorescent light. the frequency of light given off by standard bulbs is insufficient to grow a canna plant. it will become ill, spindly and never go into a flowering cycle. i have been taught how to grow by VERY experienced growers with many, many years worth of growing under their belts. i'm not talking shit. checkout the FAQ link in my signature. it'll be far easier for you to accept the posts made there as they are made by a guy who's been growing OVER 40 YEARS. don't listen to me, listen to him 
[img]http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f42/herbaliztik/th_logo2.gif[/img]
[url=http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showforum=142]uk420's FAQ's about growing[/url]
[url=http://www.uk420.com/]I Learnt everything i know on uk420.com[/url]
[url=http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showforum=142]uk420's FAQ's about growing[/url]
[url=http://www.uk420.com/]I Learnt everything i know on uk420.com[/url]
-
Jay212
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2352
- Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:51 am
- Contact:
I'm not going against what you're saying, about the repotting. I am assuming you haven't read my previous posts resulting in this discussion we are having about it now though. The plants growth was stunned, not only because of moving it from one pot to another, but because at the time I was moving from pot to pot, the plant was left out of soil for about 15 hours or so, I can't remember anymore. I'm not saying taking the entire plant and moving it into another pot would affect the plant, I could hardly see that affecting the plant in any way. I am considering the trauma that occured during my own personal movement(and mistakes) from pot to pot.herbaliztik wrote:look, i'm not trying to start any shit mate, but trust me, repotting has done fuck all bad to the plant. you've grown how many plants? how many times have you repotted? i've repotted EVERY plant i had. it is standard practice among commercial/professional growers. i have a pretty much pro setup. do you need evidence from a grower that's been growing longer than you've been alive? i can provide it. the stunting was down to you potting it into fucking dire grow medium. it's perked up since you moved it into something that it was suited for. you need to get it under at least fluorescent light. the frequency of light given off by standard bulbs is insufficient to grow a canna plant. it will become ill, spindly and never go into a flowering cycle. i have been taught how to grow by VERY experienced growers with many, many years worth of growing under their belts. i'm not talking shit. checkout the FAQ link in my signature. it'll be far easier for you to accept the posts made there as they are made by a guy who's been growing OVER 40 YEARS. don't listen to me, listen to him
As for the flourecent lights, I will be getting some before the plant is even close to flowering. I just haven't found a friend who I can actually rely on to keep this type of plant in their house without it being robbed or not taken care of.
I will definately read the FAQ in your sig because I am going to need help cleaning up and keeping the plant healthy once it grows.
If u aint from the hillz then homeboy lay it down ~ CWS
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users

