@ Higher&Higher

Chat about sports you watch or partake in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

What Rocco said about the 3 sets of 15-20 reps is pretty good. Since you don't want to bulid up mass you want to take a lighter weight and do more reps. You alone will know how many reps too do. If at 15 it starts getting real tough then stop. Take about a 1 min break and then do another set. If you're using say a 15 pound weight, and do 20 reps without difficulty, then you need to use a heavier weight. Doing more than 20 reps is pointless. With situps though you can do more than 20 reps. If you start doing like 30-40 situps easily, then consider doing crossovers or inclined situps/. And seeing as you're gonna be getting weights, then you can work out your shoulders, bicep, triceps, back too.
Image
Weedguru Anex
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:58 pm
Location: Clinging to the antlers of the midnight sun
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Anex »

Alright thanks. I've been doing some press ups recently, about 30 odd and I'll start doing sits too but I'll train a bit harder when I get the weights sorted.
You people voted for Hubert Humphrey and you killed Jesus
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

imNOTajunkie! wrote:so you smoke weed, but yet you are a body builder?????



THATS MAD!!!


one of my bros friends is a body builder, and he gets angry at me for smoking cigarettes, let alone choof!
Look guys, Im not the only one who works out and smokes!!!

http://pothumor.com/image174.shtml
Image
User avatar
ROCCO69
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 421
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:36 am
Location: MANCHESTER ENGLAND
Contact:

Post by ROCCO69 »

:wink: most boxer eg barrera only do very ligh dumbells in there workout everything else is off there own bodyweight pressups dips pullups
GO SHORTY ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY
( COME AN GET BIG POPPA BEAR )
jonny cockeral
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6131
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Newcastle, England
Contact:

Post by jonny cockeral »

that pic of the rock is cool
Cameron.
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

When you do get your weights I could help you out setting up a work out routine and give you pointers and stuff if you want. It's important to work out the right way, doing the exercises that you benefit you, in the proper technique o as to prevent injury a get the maximum from yourexercise.
Image
Weedguru Anex
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:58 pm
Location: Clinging to the antlers of the midnight sun
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Anex »

Ok cool, that would be good. I'm trying to find somewhere close by to get them from tho cuz haven't got any wheels up here so don't fancy carrying them all the way across town.
You people voted for Hubert Humphrey and you killed Jesus
User avatar
ROCCO69
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 421
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:36 am
Location: MANCHESTER ENGLAND
Contact:

Post by ROCCO69 »

:wink: if your only going for the dumbells try argos in arndale
GO SHORTY ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY
( COME AN GET BIG POPPA BEAR )
Weedguru Anex
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:58 pm
Location: Clinging to the antlers of the midnight sun
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Anex »

I'll probably order them from argos to save the walk. Just spent all afternoon lost behind the arndale somewhere and then when I found somewhere I knew (ark) I suddenly became parted with my money. Never mind, I'm gonna take the t-shirts back 2mo cuz they're both shit cuts, those crappy t-s which are wide and short. WTF??? Who on earth can wear clothes like that??? Make your mind up ffs! If its short and skiny, fine, if its long and a little bit baggier, also fine, but short and wide just looks like it shrunk in the wash.
You people voted for Hubert Humphrey and you killed Jesus
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Short and Wide. HA! I thought I was the only person who thought that! I hate those shirts, and I have gotten ripped off before buying one. THrew the receipt out before I got home, tried it on , and AHH, it almost rode up to my bellybutton!
Image
Weedguru Anex
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:58 pm
Location: Clinging to the antlers of the midnight sun
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Anex »

Owwww! I overtrained yesterday, can hardly sit down! My stomach muscles are killing me, I could only lie on my side last night :lol: .
I upped from 2 sets of 15 presses and sits to 3 sets of 15 and I think I somewhat over did the situps.

Whats the best thing to do? Cut out the sits for a couple of days then start at 15 and work back up (but slower this time :D )? I've already done my first set of presses today, they were ok so I'll keep doing them for the time being.
What is the best way to know how many of whatever I should be doing? I felt a bit of burn when I was doing the sits but no more than usual, its wasn't till a few hours later that I was rithing around in pain on the floor :lol:
You people voted for Hubert Humphrey and you killed Jesus
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

You know the saying " No Pain, No Gain " ? Well that applies for weightlifting - to a point . There is pain that is bad pain, there is pain that is good pain. To be sore is just a sign those muscles are working. To be withering on the floor is a sigh you should stop. Try taking 1 day off, and see how you feel. On the second day, if you're still a bit sore, do a few less reps, don't force your muscles too much. By the third day you should be okay, and the go back to 15 reps or whatever. You should notice that the next day you may be sore again but less. You'll see, abdominal strenght builds up faster than you might think. You'll be a pro at it before ya know it!!

Basically with weights, you should never do more than 3 sets of a maximum of 20 reps. I personally do no more than 12 reps, but thats cause I take heavier weights cause I'm looking for mass. The last 3 or 4 exercises should be more difficult, but it shouldn't kill you either. If you can easy do twenty reps, then take a heavier weight. Does that answer your question?
Image
Weedguru Anex
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:58 pm
Location: Clinging to the antlers of the midnight sun
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Anex »

Yeah, thanks 8) . This is deffinately the bad sort of pain :lol: Feels like I'm being stabbed everytime I move. Think I'll buy some deep heat later.
You people voted for Hubert Humphrey and you killed Jesus
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Ouch!.....how hard did you find the situps at the time when you were doing them? Was it totally hard, you totally forced the last ones?

Oh, and do you do them with something holding your feet down? Cause if you don't you should. I know it goes against what all phys.ed teachers say, but most bodybuilders do it that way. stick your toes under the edge of the couch or something in the living room. Or you can like rig up a little bar that sticks out of the wall, just at the right height and position for your feet. My buddy did that.
Image
Weedguru Anex
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:58 pm
Location: Clinging to the antlers of the midnight sun
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Anex »

Thats the thing, it really wasn't that hard to do them, the burn on the last few really didn't feel that bad. I did them about 9:00pm, went to bed about 1 feeling a little sore but it wasn't till I woke up this morning that it really hurt.
I was just doing them on the floor, I'll start hooking my toes in tho.
My abs are starting to show properly again tho so it isn't all bad, it just hurts like fuck :lol:
You people voted for Hubert Humphrey and you killed Jesus
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users