Immigration

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Post by weedguru_animal »

i did this is all a lie, yo just quoted me didnt you???

i was asking neone who cared to listen and react. es[pecially tho i was asking neone who thinks that only foreginers who bring something to the society should be allowed in to the UK.

there are exceptions to rules and ne legislation that can be renewed or uupdated wil always have grey areas, especially with immigration.

ok i try put the question anotheerr way as it is very possilbe,maybe prbable that my points arent ubnderstood due to the almost complete lack of effort at correcting the numerous errors i make when typing..

if you are from the Uk and you think that only immigrants or asylm seekers who have a skill or who speak english, should be allowed in. then i thik you must be heartless, selfish or racist or a combination o all 3.

its one thign to want the best for ourselves and our kids, but we all gotta start adopting a world view cos we live on aplanet, not just the countries we born in, a planet made up with so many cultures so many societes with so much diversity.

neway i dont wanna carry on with the debate about immigration partly cos i am not up to date ith current UK legislation, partly cos this is a futile discussion when we havent made a distinction betwen migrants and asylum seekers and refugees..
Laissez-Faire
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:58 pm
Contact:

Post by Laissez-Faire »

This shows supreme ignorance. It ignores the fact that the world is round and that we are all one. It implies that the imaginary lines that have been drawn around the globe are set in stone. The world is ours to share.

The issue should not be whether immigration is hurting a cetain country in terms of economic stabilty, but how it got to be that way. Why are people flocking to mroe devoloped countries? It's because their own are inadequate in terms of health care, education, freedom and so on.

People are constantly labouring under the misapprehension that each country should remain seperate, that heritage and history suggest that we should remain apart and strive to look after our own. But that's bullshit. The world will never be at peace for as long as we are segregated. Simple as that. Conflicting cultures do nothing but harm. Different cultures are fine, but not to the point where it places some countries on a pedestal.

Capitalism plays a huge part in this. Less developed countries can easily be exploited for cheap labour because they have no choice. If everyone got a fair days work for a fair days pay (pardon the cliche) then immigration would be nowhere near the problem it is today. Why would poeple leave their friends and family behind if not for wanting to better their lives? Why should they not be paid the same amount for work if they give equal skill and dedication to those in the western world?

This delusional sense of grandeur held by the UK and USA (among other) is the one and only cause of their so called "immigration problem." The problem is the fact that no one on the globe seems to realise that we are all equal and deserve to be treated as such.

Fair trade should not be a novelty or a marketing gimmick, but a way of life. And then, only then, will we see a decrease in immigration. If we paid less devolped countries resaonable amounts of money for their wage, their own economies would prosper, and would no longer drain ours.
Rory
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:21 am
Location: Toronto, Canada.
Contact:

Post by Rory »

Holy shit do I ever agree.

Although I have to say looking out for your own isn't bullshit. Sorry, but I have priorities, and those that I love and care for are definately at the top of those priorities. And rightfully so.

There need to be more high level government-funded ESL classes in Toronto, I went to three stores today and nobody at the counters knew what the fuck I was talking about when I said I wanted cigarettes... how are they supposed to integrate?
Laissez-Faire
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:58 pm
Contact:

Post by Laissez-Faire »

Rory wrote: Although I have to say looking out for your own isn't bullshit. Sorry, but I have priorities, and those that I love and care for are definately at the top of those priorities. And rightfully so.
I meant bias towards a country. Obviously your loved ones take priority over strangers.
bobdole
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:05 pm
Location: vancouver, Washington
Contact:

Post by bobdole »

In the states the problem is not assylum seekers or muslims but mexicans. All discussion comes back to two opionions. One view is that the world is one and all races and cultures are compatable and we should all give each other handjobs. Another view is that counries and races may not be that compataible and people might be happier in countries with only their own people. For the sake of the future of Europe and the United States people should decide what kind of country they want to live in. Personally I would rather live in an America where there is an overwhelmingly white population. But that is just my humble opinon and I know that the future of the western world will not be in the hands of the people that created it but in the darks fingers of people that will destroy our future.
Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2687
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
Contact:

Post by Ikku »

And you admitted to not being so racist anymore in another thread. Good job jackass.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Post by SpRi7e »

The only thing that really pisses me off is when people immigrate before they even learn the fucking language of the country and expect the people already living there the language.
Peace Not Greed.
PuffPuffGive
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 341
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:45 pm
Location: Florida Keys
Contact:

Post by PuffPuffGive »

Well living in South Florida, I see my fair share of immigrants. And I must it's not the ones who don't know the language upon arrival, under certain circumstances there's either no way for them to learn, or they leave under some extreme conditions without much preparation. It's the people who live in the country for 7 or 8 years without bothering to learn the language that rub me the wrong way. And they say Oooh its my culture, well if you're so god damn patriotic why didn't you stay there and fight? I'm not saying you cant keep your culture, but dont disrespect mine by comming to my work speaking some foreign baby talk language expecting me to understand you and then getting upset when I tell you that if you dont speak english I'm not even going to try helping you. Because I cant.

Cheers
"Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely." ~Lord Acton~
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside »

bobdole wrote:Personally I would rather live in an America where there is an overwhelmingly white population. But that is just my humble opinon and I know that the future of the western world will not be in the hands of the people that created it but in the darks fingers of people that will destroy our future.
Excuse me....

why would you want to live in a place where the population is overwhelmingly white? You do realise that America was invaded by sadistic white pilgrims who fucked the very nature of the land, don't you? with all due respect, which i do believe is absolutely minimal, if you don't think other races should be allowed to enter the country you live in and share it with you, then you and your kind better get the fuck out of America.

I'm sick and tired of a world run by a bunch of fucking hillbillies. Arrogant ignorami who can't see that THE NATURAL GENETIC PIGMENT OF ONES' SKIN DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER!! and nor should it make a difference as to which country they choose to inhabit.

Now, i am caucasian. i live in a vastly white populated area of britain where everyone is fucking prejudice towards people for the colour of their skin. and let me tell you, it makes me fucking sick.

so yeah, i'd really like to see you justify what you said. "Oh well some people are only comfortable around their own kind. Personally i'd like to live in a white america" or whatever it was.

actually, just don't bother
JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1388
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:00 am
Contact:

Post by JokersAce »

Goddamn, I was just about to flame Bob Dole... until I realized that this entire topic is racist... aside from animal's argument.
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?
bobdole
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:05 pm
Location: vancouver, Washington
Contact:

Post by bobdole »

Il justify my position only for the sake of debate but lets not turn this into a personal attack or a flame war. What is so wrong about wanting to live a country that has an overwhelmingly white population? Most people that come to the United States are leaving their own countries because it is in disaray. Whether its because of war or corruption or whatever the cause may be. Why dont these people stay in their own lands and fight for their own collective furures? If America was struck by a devastating war or disease I would stay here and do anything I can to help this nation. But people seem to take the easy way out and come to America. Most of these people work hard and probably dont live off the wellfare system but they group into their own neighborhoods. They dont assimilate into American Culture.

I believe the nation would be better off with out these people. While it sucks that these people countries are in shambles the thruth is that if we let all of them into our country we will eventually turn into the lands that these people fled from. If trends continue and there are more mexicans in the states then whites then what do you think will happen to an American culture that has been based overwhelmly on white history and values. The culture that I know and love as america will cease to exist. The america of 100 years from now will be a very different place and I dont want to live in that place. If I did I would move to Mexico. I wont have to live there cause Ill be dead but my children will have to.

Believe what you want to believe, but I would rather have a country that I believe would be a better place if upwards of ninety percent of the population was white. (except asian chicks, they can stay)
13laze
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:53 am
Location: Pluto
Contact:

Post by 13laze »

Who's to say who should stay, and who should go?

Mind you, native people once had all of this land to themselves. But as you know, there are now small reserves which remains all that they own....

First come first serve does not always apply...
bobdole
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:05 pm
Location: vancouver, Washington
Contact:

Post by bobdole »

We did butt-fuck the indians pretty bad. But I think who should say who can stay or go is the demographic who founded and sustained the nation. In this circumstance I think might makes right and since white people still have numbers it should be there decision if they want to retain their culture or not.
blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:36 pm
Contact:

Post by blackxs »

I live in arizona and at first when I reached an age where I could formulate opinions on things, I also disliked the many immigrants from mexico illegally coming here, especially those who didnt learn the language. But you also must consider some things, as I did:

-Many of them do not have the tools to receive a proper education. They are largely working to support their family all the time.
-Through total submersion, many of them do learn enough english to communicate, and as I see (working in a restaraunt) it, most mexicans work in small pockets with other mexicans, like as kitchen staff at restaraunts, things of that nature, and have no overwhelming need to learn the language.
-They dont have a choice, their home land provides no jobs, and those that do exist pay very very low, migrating is the only hopes to live any sort of existance.

Imagine if you were someone forced to migrate from their homeland to a new different culture in hopes for a better tomorow. The reason they have such patriotic love for their country is because they are much more family/culturally oriented than most western societies. Culture has remained the same for them for generations upon generations, and they must now move from their homeland in order to survive. I would imagine that would be tough enough as it is, but they then face racism and other obstacles. I actually now have much respect for them. They work hard to provide for their family, whereas in most western societies, life is pretty planned: go to school, college perhaps, get a job, career, start a family, raise kids, repeat. Its all too generic for me.
13laze
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:53 am
Location: Pluto
Contact:

Post by 13laze »

They work hard; fact.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users