Is weed unhealthier than tobacco?

New to cannabis?? Learn the ropes in here...

Moderator: Moderators

GAZ
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2284
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:07 am
Location: Milton Keynes, England
Contact:

Post by GAZ »

to be fair though people that smoke fags probably smoke about 10 grams of baccy a day (thats about 10 cigarettes), not very many people smoke 10 gramms of cannabis a day.
If You Want To Get Ahead, Get A Gaz.

[img]http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/gaj/fingathing.jpg[/img]
Khronic
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 646
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:04 pm
Location: Oxford, UK
Contact:

Post by Khronic »

Ryoshun wrote:It's a fact that in similar amounts, weed smoke is at least 4 times more hazardous for your health than tobacco smoke.
But because people usually smoke less weed than tobacco, weed is generally healthier.

Of course if you smoke baccy with weed, your twice as fucked :lol:
[img]http://www.horkulated.com/images/gifs/floppykill.gif[/img]
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Image
Khronic
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 646
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:04 pm
Location: Oxford, UK
Contact:

Post by Khronic »

Good find higher. So weed is better than tobacco
[img]http://www.horkulated.com/images/gifs/floppykill.gif[/img]
canadianbud
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2157
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:52 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Post by canadianbud »

Here's how i see it. Weed contains approx 5 times as much tar as tobacco for the same amount. It contains approximately equal carcinogens. But tobacco has something like 500 chemicals not found in weed, including a form of cyanide. Also, people smoke less weed than they do tobacco.
[img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1552/img0969am8.jpg[/img]
"My memories will always be lots of beauty and warmth from grass. Well, that was my life and I don't feel ashamed at all. Mary Jane, honey, you sure was good ..." ~ Louis Armstrong
Certified_Nutter
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:58 pm
Location: On A Hill
Contact:

Post by Certified_Nutter »

ok, i dno what dope u been smokin, cos tha sounds dangerous, but what i've heard, thers alot less tar in dope, cos its a plant, tho with solid it can be argued thers more tar, cigs contain loads of shit, theres radon in there like, das radioactive, and also, how many people a year die related directly to tabacco? summat thousand, cnt rmbr figure, there is no reported death directly related to dope, yes there have been accidents (run over n stuff) but nothin directly caused by dope, so is dope healthier? fuck yea, its just illegal
take care all :)
"I Take a Toke, and All My Troubles Go Up In Smoke"
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

' a boy at school told me that his mom....'


How old are you?
Khronic
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 646
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:04 pm
Location: Oxford, UK
Contact:

Post by Khronic »

Is weed more mentally addictive than tobacco because I know its not physically addictive like tobacco but it is mentally addictive like tobacco. But which is harder to give up. I've managed to stop smoking tobacco, although I put a bit in joints to keep it burning. So do you think it will be tricky to give up? (So I can get my tolerance lowered)
[img]http://www.horkulated.com/images/gifs/floppykill.gif[/img]
canadianbud
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2157
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:52 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Post by canadianbud »

Certified_Nutter wrote:ok, i dno what dope u been smokin, cos tha sounds dangerous, but what i've heard, thers alot less tar in dope, cos its a plant, tho with solid it can be argued thers more tar, cigs contain loads of shit, theres radon in there like, das radioactive, and also, how many people a year die related directly to tabacco? summat thousand, cnt rmbr figure, there is no reported death directly related to dope, yes there have been accidents (run over n stuff) but nothin directly caused by dope, so is dope healthier? fuck yea, its just illegal
take care all :)
where do you think tobacco comes from?? its a plant too...

and trust me, your weed has 5 times more tar than tobacco too, now you can listen to classic stoner propaganda and say "no weed isnt bad for you" but when it comes down to it, inhaling burning hot fumes into your fragile lungs is guna do damage.
[img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1552/img0969am8.jpg[/img]
"My memories will always be lots of beauty and warmth from grass. Well, that was my life and I don't feel ashamed at all. Mary Jane, honey, you sure was good ..." ~ Louis Armstrong
hashpipe
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1071
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:42 pm
Location: baggie
Contact:

Post by hashpipe »

yes, but nicotine is cancerous (excuse my spelling).... i dont know if thc is.

and for the whole tar thing, get a vaporizer, no tar, no other substances, just heat it up to a level where nothing but the cannabinol (spelling again) comes out.

btw, no one has got good lungs nowadays, exhaust fumes, smoke, smog, whatever.
Martin
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:16 pm
Location: East Anglia, England
Contact:

Post by Martin »

Flow wrote:' a boy at school told me that his mom....'


How old are you?
13 :oops:
Lipsmackin' Thirstquenchin' Acetastin' Motivatin' Goodbuzzin' Cooltalkin' Highwalkin' Fastlivin' Evergivin' Coolfizzin' Marijuana
cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted
Posts: 7747
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
Location: Home of the Sioux!
Contact:

Post by cutthecashflow »

Why should you be ashamed that you are only thirteen?

I used to think god I cant wait till I get older.... now that I'm older though I wish I was a kid again.
Get busy living or get busy dying.
Certified_Nutter
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:58 pm
Location: On A Hill
Contact:

Post by Certified_Nutter »

so do vaporisers work with solid (round here, bud practicaly doesnt exist :'() cos i been thinkin of getting one, but if it dont work, its pretty much a waste of time and money...
take care all :)
"I Take a Toke, and All My Troubles Go Up In Smoke"
Darkatar
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:20 am
Location: Union City, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by Darkatar »

Khronic wrote:Is weed more mentally addictive than tobacco because I know its not physically addictive like tobacco but it is mentally addictive like tobacco. But which is harder to give up. I've managed to stop smoking tobacco, although I put a bit in joints to keep it burning. So do you think it will be tricky to give up? (So I can get my tolerance lowered)
Ok, i see the addiction thing alot. So just to clear things up....

(Cant remember the definitons, but i will make a comparison (sp?))

Psycological addiction-

You feel the need to smoke some bud because you haven't in a long time and like being high

Compared to:

You go to eat a cookie because you like the taste of cookies

You do them because you want to, not because your body NEEDS to. (except eating is kinda required)

Physical Addiction*-

You shoot some heroin (sp?) because your body is shaking and you feel sick

You smoke some cigarettes (sp?) because you feel like you'll throw up if you don't

(*I can't include Marijuana as a comparison for Physical addiction, you can't become physically addicted)

I personally know Physical addiction hasn't affected me with my pot, I smoked half of a sandwich baggie worth (didn't weigh it, got a good deal, $50) in a week, and felt no worse for wear in the following months. I know this isn't a big deal, but its the biggest I have personally experienced.
I'm hidin' out and smokin' herb...
Cuz my boss is gettin on my mother fuckin' nerves
Dr.Chronic
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:59 pm
Location: England - Southend
Contact:

I think..

Post by Dr.Chronic »

As mentioned earlier pot n tobaco are of the same damage. but it depends the ratio i believe of the pot and the tobaco your talkin about.

Example: if a person was smokin 40 cigs a day and sum1 else was smokin pot like 4 times a week the ciggy smoker is LIKELY to have the most medical problems.

Shame ur m8s mum didnt say that lol

Well if this aint true im stoned lol plus to be random my jaw is locked like a wrench :D
[img]http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/2100/weedgurusingnatutrekb3.gif[/img]
I love Amsterdam...
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users