do people get fat from weed?

New to cannabis?? Learn the ropes in here...

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
FIRE!!!
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4564
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:53 am
Location: Deep South FL
Contact:

Post by FIRE!!! »

I pretty much get munchies every time I smoke too. It don't matter though, I eat like a fuckin pig and I never get fat. I don't even run that often, I do lift weights alot but that's about it. Guess I just got a fast ass metabolism.
[img]http://music.clevver.com/MusicPics/4859.jpg[/img]
flynn

Post by flynn »

tobacco is an appetite suppressant, so i guess thats why i don't get hungry after smoking a joint but do after hitting the bong or bucket :?
User avatar
bong
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 513
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:55 pm
Location: texas
Contact:

Post by bong »

Actually i think it makes you loose weight. because for the longest time i was 125 lbs, smoked a hp a week, and was in 2 a day trainings for athletics everyday. then i started smoking and i got down to 120 and stayed there, until i stopped doing athletics. then i got up to 145 lbs, and ive been smoking for about a month now (recently got off probation) and i have allready got down to 135. i hope i can get back to 120. anyways i think it makes you loose weight. could just be me though. i didnt read the other posts because im to high to read all of them. haha
death69
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 12:06 am
Location: so cal
Contact:

Post by death69 »

you will get fat if you sticktly smoke and no type of exercise. but as for the losing your high after smoking very constantly, it was happening to me. i smoked every day for a few weeks and started to lose my high. i cut back for a week ( no smoking what so ever of any kind! ) once i started to smoke again my high was much better!
If you smokin that chronic, purple kush is the best...
roll it up in a swisher take hit to the chest...
we like to SMMOOOOOOOOOKE we smokin that chonic
User avatar
racketgirlx
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:56 am
Location: Here, There, and Everywhere
Contact:

Post by racketgirlx »

A_Fire_Inside wrote:I've gained, weight, but only due to muscle gain and loss of fat. If you smoke and excercise, it's all good.
I agree. It all depends on how you choose to waste your time once you smoke. I smoke b4 I exercise and I cam work out longer.
Midnight Toker
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3463
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:55 pm
Location: England

Post by Midnight Toker »

CelticOne wrote:I smoke all the time, I'm skinny as fuck apart from muscles. I guess it's just body type, if your susceptible to gettin fat then chances are, your gonna get fat.
I'm the same, i don't seem to be capable of putting on weight, i eat whatever i like when i like and i still don't seem to gain a pound.

I'm starting to get a little worried about the inevitable arrival of a beer belly now though :(
[img]http://img155.exs.cx/img155/7595/tillijk2ss.png[/img]

''I spent alot of money on booze, birds
and fast cars. The rest i just squandered.'' - George Best
Funk Doctor
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6636
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:24 pm
Location: Above the clouds

Post by Funk Doctor »

I have a super active metabolism, I can wolf down a lot and not gain anything. If I wanted to put on weight, I'd have to go on an Elvis diet :lol:
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

I don't know...ive gained some weight over the past years, but thats normal.

Besides, im not the type of person that has to be afraid of getting fat, my metabolism is so fast i burn it before it can stay on me lol

I need food every two hrs or so, no matter how much i ate during lunch/breakfast/diner/in between those
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
pirate
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2369
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:37 am
Location: here
Contact:

Post by pirate »

i thnk weed is pretty much fat free :)
www.adventuresindaytripping.blogspot.com


[img]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6476/logohm6.jpg[/img]
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside »

Weed is a fat soluble drug, THC doesn't get stored in your fat cells, it basically get's the munchies and chomps down on all your fat and energy cells. The lack of energy is what makes you wanna eat.

I hardly ever eat, only when i feel hungry, which is usually once a day, if that.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
User avatar
callmeandy
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 253
Joined: Sat May 22, 2004 5:26 am
Location: I live on the streets of Minnesota bitch
Contact:

Post by callmeandy »

past 9 months ive been smoking at least twice a day. 4 months ago i had gotten all the way up to 240 pounds, i was pretty big. after a DXM trip where a spirt told me something had to change, it really sunk in. psycadelics have an amazing power on your mind, for the next 3 weeks i just wasnt hungry. i berely ate anything. i didnt loose much because my body thought it was being starved and slowed down. i then realized that it was all in my mind, like my mind had planned it. i started to eat again, but my stomach, it had shrunk and i went from 2 pizza hut pizzas to 1 slice, any more and i puked. i watched what i ate, smaller portions, and other than that i basically sat on my ass and smoked 4-7 times a day. now, at this day, am 185 pounds. thats just me, and i admit i did do speed quite a bit, but i'd do it heavy for two weeks then stop for two, and the wieght stayed off. i also did quite a bit of oxy, diphenhydramine, and DXM, but i havent done DXM for a few weeks now. in conclusion i used weed to lessen hunger pains, i can handle the urge to snack, which i still get every time, but it doesnt hurt.
If life gives you lemons, find a way to get high off them
[img]http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/stfu1.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Brahman
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:50 pm
Location: Gothenburg Sweden
Contact:

Post by Brahman »

I can't smoke if i ain't got money for munchies. I just know that i will get desperate for munchies in about an hour. I've gained weight now that i smoke everyday. So fat is absolutely in some sort of... I don't know, fuck it, i don't know what i was gonna say...
Keps heller.
Darth Inhaler
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:58 am
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Post by Darth Inhaler »

I gain weight one week, lose it another. I won't start worrying about my weight until I stop growing.
I think drugs have done some good things for us, and if you don't believe me, do me a favor. Go home tonight and burn all your albums, tapes, and cd's. Because the musicians who made all that great music...rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fucking high on drugs.
User avatar
stnrstan
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:25 pm
Location: Picayune, Mississippi
Contact:

Post by stnrstan »

The best way to loose weight with weed is when you get the munchies instead of eating smoke again and get higher. Every time you get hungry smoke. I am not saying completely ignore food. I would smoke instead of pigging out on the munchies. I still ate my normal meals, but after a while of not giving in to the munchies they go away. I dont really get the munchies anymore. Once that happens you can smoke before your regular meals to and you wont be as hungry. It is like the weed takes away your hunger. Mmmm... weed diet. It also helps to remember that when you eat it brings down your high somewhat. Thats not cool.
DaemonLee
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:36 am
Contact:

Post by DaemonLee »

When I smoke, I'll smoke then the next day, probably bike 20 miles. Not alot of weight gain.
Smoking the Reefah.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users