Has your health deteriorated noticably??

Health issues related to Marijuana

Moderator: Moderators

Has your health deteriorated noticably?

Yes
14
26%
No
40
74%
 
Total votes: 54

jonny cockeral
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6131
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Newcastle, England
Contact:

Post by jonny cockeral »

im sure BG said he did or does that
Punk Dana
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 434
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:05 am
Location: a fart cloud
Contact:

Post by Punk Dana »

My health is way better than it used to be, I started jogging almost a year ago and since then I've lost 20lbs and can jog for 3 miles without stopping.
User avatar
FIRE!!!
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4564
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:53 am
Location: Deep South FL
Contact:

Post by FIRE!!! »

I've just started my 28 day break for the second time (hopefully I make it for more than 4 days this time), and I ran today for the first time in the better part of a year. Safe to say I've lost alot of stamina, and I have alot of catching up to do.
[img]http://music.clevver.com/MusicPics/4859.jpg[/img]
BGDetroit

Post by BGDetroit »

GAJ wrote:I know this isnt how you meant it but if anyone smokes while excercising, walking, running, cycling etc... it is really unhealthy for you. Because when your excercising your body needs more oxygen and if your putting smoke in your body when it needs oxygen summin happens to you lungs. Not quite sure about the scientific explanation. Im sure someone on here will know.
I used to do this all the time before my court ordeal. Ive read many times of people smoking before going to the gym and never having problems. I smoked and worked out all the time and never had any problems. I always drank alot of water throughout. Never experienced any problems.
mac dre
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1974
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:39 pm
Contact:

Post by mac dre »

no no smoking Before working out is fine, i think he's talking like working out While puffing a joint.

i dunno im sure im unhealthier, my lungs cant be too fuckin pretty anymore, i cant run much (i dont unless its necesarry ex. catching someone, running from people) well i Can i just Dont. my muscle mass hasnt gone down anyi dont think, my fat percent has gone Down since i started smoking n doing drugs thats for sure..

MEH
Superman when I grip the mic, only way I'm slowing downs if I blow a pound of kryptonite
Punk Dana
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 434
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:05 am
Location: a fart cloud
Contact:

Post by Punk Dana »

BGDetroit wrote:
GAJ wrote:I know this isnt how you meant it but if anyone smokes while excercising, walking, running, cycling etc... it is really unhealthy for you. Because when your excercising your body needs more oxygen and if your putting smoke in your body when it needs oxygen summin happens to you lungs. Not quite sure about the scientific explanation. Im sure someone on here will know.
I used to do this all the time before my court ordeal. Ive read many times of people smoking before going to the gym and never having problems. I smoked and worked out all the time and never had any problems. I always drank alot of water throughout. Never experienced any problems.
I've never smoked before exercising, but I do drink a pint of stout before jogging sometimes, and that's fun!
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

I tend to get sick more often now, it used to be once every year or so, been sick like 5 times this year already :shock:
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
canadianbud
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2157
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:52 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Post by canadianbud »

If anything I've become more healthy, but considering how im only 15 thats definately due to my body just maturing.
[img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1552/img0969am8.jpg[/img]
"My memories will always be lots of beauty and warmth from grass. Well, that was my life and I don't feel ashamed at all. Mary Jane, honey, you sure was good ..." ~ Louis Armstrong
Punk Dana
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 434
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:05 am
Location: a fart cloud
Contact:

Post by Punk Dana »

Flow wrote:I tend to get sick more often now, it used to be once every year or so, been sick like 5 times this year already :shock:
Shit, I've been sick 5 times already this year also, really bad colds. I don't think it's due to weed, just stress, too many jobs, too little time off, and very little sleep. No matter what the cause is, it fucking sucks.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I work around kids, and they're germ factories...
User avatar
clashcityrocker
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:14 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by clashcityrocker »

Nope. Im sure my lungs are a bit charred, just imagine how much resin you could scrape out of a bong that you smoked every bit of weed out of your whole life... of course tissue regenerates over time but whenever I get a really sore, scratchy throat its not because of weed smoking but a cold or something. After that smoking just kind of makes it worse.
[img]http://piglet.techno.org/images/funny.gif[/img]
CCR presents: The Lord of the Rings, portrayed by noobbz
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

Punk Dana wrote:
Flow wrote:I tend to get sick more often now, it used to be once every year or so, been sick like 5 times this year already :shock:
Shit, I've been sick 5 times already this year also, really bad colds. I don't think it's due to weed, just stress, too many jobs, too little time off, and very little sleep. No matter what the cause is, it fucking sucks.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I work around kids, and they're germ factories...
yeah those could be influences to getting sick fast or not , but then again :

I dont work 15 hour shifts (no pun dana :)), i have some stress but not as much as you experience , i have enough spare time and i have enough sleep aswell...

Could be because i stopped playing soccer, perhaps having a fit body (well i'm still fit but not as fit as i was this time last year) helps alot aswell...


Although i think i'm just smoking my immune system to hell :)
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
Punk Dana
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 434
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:05 am
Location: a fart cloud
Contact:

Post by Punk Dana »

Flow wrote:
Punk Dana wrote:
Flow wrote:I tend to get sick more often now, it used to be once every year or so, been sick like 5 times this year already :shock:
Shit, I've been sick 5 times already this year also, really bad colds. I don't think it's due to weed, just stress, too many jobs, too little time off, and very little sleep. No matter what the cause is, it fucking sucks.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I work around kids, and they're germ factories...
yeah those could be influences to getting sick fast or not , but then again :

I dont work 15 hour shifts (no pun dana :)), i have some stress but not as much as you experience , i have enough spare time and i have enough sleep aswell...

Could be because i stopped playing soccer, perhaps having a fit body (well i'm still fit but not as fit as i was this time last year) helps alot aswell...


Although i think i'm just smoking my immune system to hell :)
Forgot to mention Zinc, If you don't get enough you tend to get sick more often. I guess there are two types of zinc one prevents colds, and I have no idea what the other does. Anyway, this isn't very helpful information seeing as how I don't know which kind of zinc is the helpful kind, and this post is really boring...sorry guys...I'm too stoned....
Midnight Toker
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3463
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:55 pm
Location: England

Post by Midnight Toker »

In a word, yes. I used to be able to run faster than most people for longer, and i could play 90 minutes of flat out football without getting knackered out, i used to be in really good shape. Now i can't run further than 500m without getting knackered and im lucky if i can make it through the first half when i play football. My health and stamina have improved since i quit smoking cigarettes, but still nowhere near as good as they once were.
[img]http://img155.exs.cx/img155/7595/tillijk2ss.png[/img]

''I spent alot of money on booze, birds
and fast cars. The rest i just squandered.'' - George Best
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

cainedtom wrote:No, to be honest ive always been quite active, i live a mile and a half from uni so gota walk that at least once a day!!! I go to the gym twice a week aswel, but i wil admit after a heavy weekend the next week is a bit of a bitch of a work out! :?
Fuck it though, working out gives you way less of a buzz!
:lol: :lol: :shock: :lol:
Erm...Cained you said once a day...do you go to Uni and not come back??
Image
User avatar
burnout
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:34 pm
Location: wisconsin
Contact:

Post by burnout »

ya same here. i used to be able to run a mile in under 6 minutes now its like 10 minutes or something. its probably cuz of all the tar in my lungs. i don't smoke cigs though, just weed. i haven't gained any weight. usually im under weight for my height. i think my adhd has gotten worse though.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users