Anime

Got an opinion on a movie? Stick it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Z-Loc
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Contact:

Post by Z-Loc »

Berserk is one of the most amazing anime series of all time. Lots of plot twists and betrayal going on. It's a darker show, and once you finish the series you'll want to read all the mangas to find out what happens next.
"I am free in all the ways that you are not..."
Shwoot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2482
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:51 pm
Location: P.E., Canada
Contact:

Post by Shwoot »

You guys ever see X? Saturday night I was walking around the campus looking for a party with these guys, baked as hell. They both go into a house, I walk into another. There's all these kids I don't know watching X on tv, I've never seen it before. So I sit and watch it with them, didn't understand a thing, so I left.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/Pron88/mandyedt.jpg[/img]
Z-Loc
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Contact:

Post by Z-Loc »

X the series is good, lots of characters but it can get confusing. If you saw the movie, you had every right to walk away. It is by far the most confusing hunk of crap ever. They tried to cram the entire series into one hour long movie and failed horribly.
"I am free in all the ways that you are not..."
Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:59 am
Location: Stoned Soliloquy
Contact:

Post by Weedguru_Falkon »

well... a fwe of my favorite animes:
Princess Mononoke.. by far the most awesome anime ever.
AzuManga Daioh.. weird.. jsut... weird... but funny too
Excel Saga.. again.. weird. but funny.
Full Metal Alchemist is ok.
Ghost in the Shell and Ghost in the SHell: Standalone Complex.. theyre good.
Spirited away. Great movie..
Samurai X. Another great movie.

those are pretty much al the animes ive watched.. hmm. . well yeah there ya go,
Marionette
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:03 am
Location: the 1st level of hell- Limbo- where the virtuous non-believers go
Contact:

Post by Marionette »

Cowboy Bebop, especially the Shrooms episode, the movie is great too as it delves into the mind's intricacies

Serial Experiments Lain is also fantastic
Your resident green angel, at your service.
Weedguru_Dusk
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:54 am
Location: 7th circle of hell
Contact:

Post by Weedguru_Dusk »

- X (movie) I didn't have a problem understanding it, but I haven't watched it in awhile
- Cowboy Bebop (series and movie) and Mushroom Samba is one of the best episodes.
- any of Miyazaki's films, I recently saw Howl's Moving Castle at the movies
- Trigun
- Samurai Champloo
- FLCL
- AKira
"having a conversation with you is like walking through a Salvador Dali painting"
[i] ...and your eyes look like they've seen too much its always some excuse too tired, too obtuse you look so far removed, this time I fear im losing you [/i]
Shwoot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2482
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:51 pm
Location: P.E., Canada
Contact:

Post by Shwoot »

dusk1022 wrote:- AKira
What's Akira like/about? Some guy told me how it kicks so much ass, I'd like to see it and know more about it.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/Pron88/mandyedt.jpg[/img]
Weedguru_Dusk
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:54 am
Location: 7th circle of hell
Contact:

Post by Weedguru_Dusk »

Shwoot wrote:
dusk1022 wrote:- AKira
What's Akira like/about? Some guy told me how it kicks so much ass, I'd like to see it and know more about it.
Let's see. It's set in Neo-Tokyo and the main characters are Kaneda and Tetsuo (two members of a bike gang). They get involved in a secret military project known as Akira. They create studies as a catalyst which brings out supernatural powers in Tetsuo, leading to most of the action part of the film.

Its kinda hard to sum up, but it was one of the first anime movies I've seen and it's still one of the best there is. The ending was nuts though, I actually had to cheat and look up one of the thoughts on the meaning of it.
So it will leave you thinking.
"having a conversation with you is like walking through a Salvador Dali painting"
[i] ...and your eyes look like they've seen too much its always some excuse too tired, too obtuse you look so far removed, this time I fear im losing you [/i]
User avatar
FIRE!!!
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4564
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:53 am
Location: Deep South FL
Contact:

Post by FIRE!!! »

Princess Mononoke and Akira are probably the 2 staple anime movies that everyone should see if they want to get an idea of good anime
[img]http://music.clevver.com/MusicPics/4859.jpg[/img]
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

Search for FLCL

Furi Kuri

Awesome anime series , realy trippy and you'll never get the entire story if you havent watched the series a couple of times :)[/url]
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
User avatar
crash0
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:49 pm
Location: Dublin Ireland
Contact:

Post by crash0 »

Cowboy bebop is one of my favs the music and humor is great
seriel expermients lain is really cool
Akira if you dont own this buy is
Ghost in the shell (the movie) dont really like the stand alone complex stuff waiting on inocence
read or die the 3 episode ova is good
neon genesis evangelion is brilliant the story is so fucked up
User avatar
Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Post by Dr. Greenthumb »

MEMORIES,vampire hunter D(remake),akira, apleseed(remake)
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
User avatar
chiggy chong
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:26 pm
Location: SIDBURY DEVON ENGLAND

Post by chiggy chong »

i an just getting into it and found akira to be of a good standard and well worth 2o notes. :D
HERBING IT 24/7
User avatar
Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Post by Dr. Greenthumb »

SAMURAI JACK
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
User avatar
crash0
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:49 pm
Location: Dublin Ireland
Contact:

Post by crash0 »

Appelsedd the remake is it good? I have the original like the story alot seen the box to the new one the animation looks great
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users