2010 Grow

Ever so proud of your little one? Show the world here!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
NinjetteDL420
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:54 pm
Location: Where ever the wind takes me
Contact:

Re: SpRi7e's 2010 Grow

Post by NinjetteDL420 »

Image
Image
Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard
Posts: 4357
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: SpRi7e's 2010 Grow

Post by Bubbles »

oh well thats just strange... i used to have a full thing with her in it as my wallpaper.
Image
flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:44 am
Contact:

Re: SpRi7e's 2010 Grow

Post by flagg »

They look lovely mate
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Re: SpRi7e's 2010 Grow

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside »

they do look good. you should be expecting more than 1.5 if you take good care of them.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Re: SpRi7e's 2010 Grow

Post by SpRi7e »

thanks everyone.. I'm definitely going to be taking good care of these things

good thing though, it's supposed to be SUNNY in the 80's for the next 10 days.. these things are gonna grow great
Peace Not Greed.
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Re: SpRi7e's 2010 Grow

Post by SpRi7e »

Ok well the plants have gotten a little taller, starting to bud some more (at least the first budding one) but since we had powerful winds that day, it gave my plants a little shock. Now they haven't been fed with flowering fertz for 2 waterings because my dad watered them because they were bare bone dry and I wasn't available. The bottom leaves are starting to yellow up and fall off on my bushier/smaller plant a little bit. The fan leaves have now been turning yellow. My question, should I prune the bottom half of the plants where they are yellowing and falling off? I added a tiny dose of the veg. fertilizer mixed with a 1/2 dose (for fox farms) to get some darker green in that plant. I'll get pictures for you today/tomorrow, I'm busy today unless I come back before dark
Peace Not Greed.
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: SpRi7e's 2010 Grow

Post by Weedguru Higher »

SpRi7e wrote: My question, should I prune the bottom half of the plants where they are yellowing and falling off?
Well, that's kind of a controversial question...different growers will give you different answers.

Personally, I say no to pruning the yellowing leaves at this point. Yellowing leaves at the bottom is because the plant is lacking Nitrogen so it starts by sucking what's left out of the bottom leaves first, cause those are the least needed leaves on the plant. So to me, this means you should leave them on until they have been totally drained of their Nitrogen. When they start to shrivel and are obviously dead is only when I remove them.

Some say the plant is just wasting energy with these yellow leaves , but I don't agree with that

I do prune my plants later on in the cycle though, but not for the same reasons. And even then it's more for indoor crops than outdoor
Image
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Re: SpRi7e's 2010 Grow

Post by SpRi7e »

I was thinking the exact same thing as you.. That's why I added a little veg. fertilizer to boost up the nitrogen a little bit.. I just posted pictures but it didn't work for some reason..

Image
Image
Image
Image
Peace Not Greed.
flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:44 am
Contact:

Re: SpRi7e's 2010 Grow

Post by flagg »

yummy yummy ..doing great there mate
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Re: SpRi7e's 2010 Grow

Post by SpRi7e »

ok so here's the progress so far.. the bushier/smaller plant is getting yellower leaves and shit, a bigger fan leaf is almost falling off. I'm not sure if it's because that part of the plant isn't getting much sunlight, but the other plant isn't getting any of those problems. My plant that's flowering a lot more is starting to turn purplish because of either the sudden colder weather, or (from what I've read it could be a nitrogen def. making it turn purple easier) OR a Potassium deficiency. Both plants are experiencing completely seperate problems (maybe it's because of the micro nutrients they need) I've heard fox farms not having them and I'm sure my soil is ran out of it's nutrients a little bit ago so that could be it. I'm not really sure, I'm going to have to get pictures up here, but I'm getting kind of worried about my plant that's behind in flowering (the bigger one is doing great regarding it's budding though)
Peace Not Greed.
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: SpRi7e's 2010 Grow

Post by Weedguru Higher »

SpRi7e wrote: My plant that's flowering a lot more is starting to turn purplish because of either the sudden colder weather, or (from what I've read it could be a nitrogen def. making it turn purple easier) OR a Potassium deficiency.
It's generally a phosphorus deficiency that causes purpling.
(Or the cold weather like you said)

SpRi7e wrote:Both plants are experiencing completely seperate problems (maybe it's because of the micro nutrients they need) I've heard fox farms not having them and I'm sure my soil is ran out of it's nutrients a little bit ago so that could be it. I'm not really sure, I'm going to have to get pictures up here, but I'm getting kind of worried about my plant that's behind in flowering (the bigger one is doing great regarding it's budding though)
Have you fed them flowering nutes?

Plants never grow and flower totally at the same rate....even though they may be the same strain there are different phenotypes
Image
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Re: SpRi7e's 2010 Grow

Post by SpRi7e »

yeah I realized on later I meant to say phosphorus instead, i've been feeding them flowering nutes yes, maybe I should bump up the dosage a little more on the more flowering plant?
Peace Not Greed.
(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5762
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 pm
Contact:

Re: SpRi7e's 2010 Grow

Post by (weedguru)scarf »

how many weeks are they?
woah
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: SpRi7e's 2010 Grow

Post by Weedguru Higher »

SpRi7e wrote:yeah I realized on later I meant to say phosphorus instead, i've been feeding them flowering nutes yes, maybe I should bump up the dosage a little more on the more flowering plant?
Are you giving them the recommended full dose? If so, sometimes they do require more than that...some plants are hungrier than others. Just be careful not to over do it...
Image
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Re: SpRi7e's 2010 Grow

Post by SpRi7e »

yeupp, I progressed from a 1/2 dose, to a 3/4 dose twice, then a full dose, and even at the full dose it still was looking like that.

I can definitely say though the crystals are starting to stand out all over these things now too.. I'll get pictures up in a few days. The plants may not look the best (they definitely still look good though) but the buds on it are growing great
Peace Not Greed.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users