tattoos, how do you feel about them?
Moderator: Moderators
-
weedguru_animal
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6562
- Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
- Location: south
- Contact:
Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?
I don't judge people on their tatooes...unless..they expect people to view them through their decision to pour permanent ink into their flesh. For a Mauri...I can play that game and will respect it. For a european, I find such a stance...spastic and pure idiocy/. it is your skin, do with it what you wish, but as I say to vegetarians, 'it adds zero to who you are...it only adds to how people who perceive the superficial, perceive you'.
-
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 3686
- Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
- Location: England
- Contact:
Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?
Well Dan, in the 8 years i was vegetarian, you never said that to me once.weedguru_animal wrote:I don't judge people on their tatooes...unless..they expect people to view them through their decision to pour permanent ink into their flesh. For a Mauri...I can play that game and will respect it. For a european, I find such a stance...spastic and pure idiocy/. it is your skin, do with it what you wish, but as I say to vegetarians, 'it adds zero to who you are...it only adds to how people who perceive the superficial, perceive you'.
With tattoos, i see your point. As for the vegetarian thing, why do you think people want it to add anything to them? As far as i'm concerned, they're just trying to live life how they want to live their life. Personally, i never seeked recognition for the fact i wouldn't eat an animal in my time as a veggie.
Tattoos on the other hand are for show, for some. For others, they are sentimental.
I've just started my backpiece, which is being dedicated to the great people in history. So far i have MLK jr. Tupac shakur and Mohandas Gandhi all in Banksy style stencils. Soon to come are Che Guevara and, if i can find a facial image, the tank guy from Tiananmen sq. There are so many more to add, but i can't afford them all at the moment.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
-
greensp4rker
- Bonghead

- Posts: 112
- Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:34 am
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Contact:
Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?
im pretty sure theres no face picture of tank man... thats why nobody really knows who he is, he just disappeared. Good luck with the rest of that ink though, it sounds epic.
Gorecore wrote:Every single day is a new adventure. A lot of us just choose to spend that day laying in bed, scratching our genitals, and snuggling with our babes.

-
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 3686
- Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
- Location: England
- Contact:
Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?
It's all good man.
Don't think you've lessened yourself in my view. This is surely not the case.
Don't think you've lessened yourself in my view. This is surely not the case.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
-
(weedguru)scarf
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5762
- Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 pm
- Contact:
Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?
i look forward to seeing the back piece....
it sounds interesting... is there a background image as well?
and i agree that finding an image of the guy from tianamen square event will be very difficult...
you still cant view that video online in china... it NEVER HAPPENED
it sounds interesting... is there a background image as well?
and i agree that finding an image of the guy from tianamen square event will be very difficult...
you still cant view that video online in china... it NEVER HAPPENED
woah
-
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 3686
- Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
- Location: England
- Contact:
Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?
Na man, there's no background image, just solid black stencil.
I only had it done 2 weeks ago. It's still itching a little.
I'll post a pic when i can get somebody to take one. It's right in the middle of my shoulderblades so i can't take a decent pic.
I only had it done 2 weeks ago. It's still itching a little.
I'll post a pic when i can get somebody to take one. It's right in the middle of my shoulderblades so i can't take a decent pic.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
-
(weedguru)scarf
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5762
- Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 pm
- Contact:
-
weedguru_animal
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6562
- Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
- Location: south
- Contact:
Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?
scarf you fiend!...i have a brother in arms arriving soonish...and you are most definitely invited to the feast and festivities that will ensue...and you can demand of him, a presentation of his tattoes....
-
(weedguru)scarf
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5762
- Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 pm
- Contact:
-
weedguru_animal
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6562
- Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
- Location: south
- Contact:
Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?
My first Welcome Richy You Cunt feast will be next Saturday, mate...you are more than welcome. In attendance, will be my my french comrades, my half brother, my Emily and her gorgeous sister...
-
snugk66
- Why Hello There !
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:11 pm
- Contact:
Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?
I understand why some people get tattoos, but personally (at least at this point in my life) I feel like it's not for me. I don't have anything that I feel the need to 1. have on my body forever and 2. share publicly with the entire world. I feel like, with most things I would get tattooed on myself, they're so personal that I wouldn't want to be broadcasting them to people I don't know.
I'm totally fine with other people getting tattoos-- I've seen people with some really beautiful and meaningful work. I also know someone, though, who would just go to the shop and pick out something random off the wall because they just wanted to get a tattoo done. I don't really like the idea of just picking something random... but in the end, it's your body!
I'm totally fine with other people getting tattoos-- I've seen people with some really beautiful and meaningful work. I also know someone, though, who would just go to the shop and pick out something random off the wall because they just wanted to get a tattoo done. I don't really like the idea of just picking something random... but in the end, it's your body!
-
JTP
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 769
- Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?
I've been toying with the idea of getting the symbol of Venus circling the navel.
I disavow archetypical brutish machismo in favour of doing and acting as I like, not what I want other people to see me as. To me, the symbol of Venus represents that sort of careless femininity.
I disavow archetypical brutish machismo in favour of doing and acting as I like, not what I want other people to see me as. To me, the symbol of Venus represents that sort of careless femininity.
-
JokersAce
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1388
- Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:00 am
- Contact:
Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?
“Insanity in individuals is something rare, but in groups, parties, nations and epochs it is the rule” -Friedrich Nietzsche
^I'm gonna get this tatted, I just gotta figure out what font/size/ and where to put it.
^I'm gonna get this tatted, I just gotta figure out what font/size/ and where to put it.
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?
-
AbbyRoad
- Ganja God

- Posts: 4340
- Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
- Location: Sarnia
- Contact:
Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?
i like your idea JTP, id just re-think the placement if i were you.

-
JTP
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 769
- Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?
Hell no. I want that thing essentially being an inked happy trail. I have anesthetic drugs.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users