Couldn't agree more...

Chat about sports you watch or partake in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Beldin
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 422
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:54 pm
Contact:

Couldn't agree more...

Post by Beldin »

http://www.chortler.com/1246becks.html

Although I don't agree with the author's tactics (he cites no documentation), the subject he is discussing is so wide-spread that few examples are even needed.
herbal stu
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4140
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:28 pm
Location: Wigan, England
Contact:

Post by herbal stu »

As you are fully not aware someone named David Beckham has been making headlines around the world the past couple of days for being one of the fastest and most prolific text messengers of modern times.
What I mean thats total bollocks for starters or am I stll to sleepy to get the point? David Beckham = Englands Football Captain and Real Madrid/Manchester United Star. Clear this up and tell me the meaning I am comfuzzled!
[img]http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/2582/distsig1kd.gif[/img]
Reap your life like you want to recognise all you have come to!
When I stamp it on your forehead
So you will never forget that you're a reject,
And you're no one little impotent one!
User avatar
Natcho
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:58 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Natcho »

Think its saying USA likes to keep to its own, but yea, Beckham is a pro footballer not pro texter :?
Beldin
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 422
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:54 pm
Contact:

Post by Beldin »

You guys need to not take things literally. The "text messenger" part was obviously one of these things. He is more than a football player.

In any case, as I said, the contents of the article are a little vague, its the point he was making that I agree with.
herbal stu
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4140
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:28 pm
Location: Wigan, England
Contact:

Post by herbal stu »

Herbal $tu wrote:or am I stll to sleepy to get the point?
see so thanks for clearin it up
[img]http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/2582/distsig1kd.gif[/img]
Reap your life like you want to recognise all you have come to!
When I stamp it on your forehead
So you will never forget that you're a reject,
And you're no one little impotent one!
Beldin
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 422
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:54 pm
Contact:

Post by Beldin »

"Americans can continue to sleep peacefully at night without the fear of ever having to know the name of the Prime Minister of Canada, the difference between Budapest and Bucharest or the meaning of an LBW. "

If you had read the article... its about Americans being ignorant of other countries.
User avatar
cryptic
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:16 pm
Location: nebraska, usa
Contact:

Post by cryptic »

Beldin wrote: the article... its about Americans being ignorant of other countries.
but according to the article its not americans fault its the news shield!
[img]http://www.xsi.co.za/cryptic/bob.jpg[/img] slack
"God i cant wait til that magical day where someone makes a Giant Hashbomb and sets it off in the pentagon and instead of war we can start focusing on potato chips." -Sammy
Beldin
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 422
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:54 pm
Contact:

Post by Beldin »

I didn't say it was the fault of Americans - merely that I agreed with the statement. I also fully agree that it is the fault of the American government, not the American people.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users