Headed into the courtroom tomorrow for truancy...

Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
God
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:21 am
Contact:

Headed into the courtroom tomorrow for truancy...

Post by God »

Tomorrow at about 1:00PM or something, I'm schedules to be in court, involving truancy. I've been having alot of problems getting up in the mornings for school. I think something is seriously wrong. Everyone else seems to think I'm lazy and I just don't care.

I do care. I'm not lazy. I actually like the idea of being at school and getting my work done, and having the feeling at the end of the day that lets you think to yourself "Ah, that wasn't so bad.." I just literally cannot get up.. I've tried alarms.. My mom claims to wake me up every morning, but I'm not conscious enough to think about what I'm doing to be able to get up out of the bed.

I haven't been on time for school in weeks, but when I do get up, I get a shower and head right to school.. Even if I only make it for a couple of hours a day, to me, that's better than nothing.

I'm on schedule not to graduate on time with the rest of my class. I feel like such an idiot. I'm trying my best, but It's not even good enough for me.

Does anyone know what they do your first time in court for this? My brother either got a warning, or some sort of discipline from the law. Also, if anyone knows of anything that might help me get up in the mornings, I'd appreciate it. I'm not awake enough to make decisions, and my mom says I swing at her in my sleep. I feel bad.
User avatar
El_Bristow
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:04 pm
Location: Sutton, Cambridge
Contact:

Post by El_Bristow »

my friend has this problem, and insists its near impossible to get out of bed anytime before 14:00.

i smoke pot to help me sleep before i go to bed as im a total insomniac, however i do find it makes it a hell of a lot harder to get up in the morning.
Perception is everything
[img]http://www.freewebs.com/bristow/Elpipe.gif[/img][img]http://www.freewebs.com/bristow/smokin.jpg[/img][img]http://www.freewebs.com/bristow/ELcream.gif[/img]
http://stonedbristow.q.fm/
Beldin
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 422
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:54 pm
Contact:

Post by Beldin »

I've never had issues getting up in the morning. As a matter of fact, I have problems with getting up too early. It is 4:20 am right now, just toked up - mind you, in this case I simply haven't gone to bed yet.
herbal stu
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4140
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:28 pm
Location: Wigan, England
Contact:

Post by herbal stu »

lol nothin beats stayin up all night now and again I suggest you got to bed a lot earlier say about 9ish 10ish for a week or 2 and even if your not sleepy just lie there in quiet contemplation about things, read a book or something and just drift off even if you dont sleep your body is still getting rest and this could help?
[img]http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/2582/distsig1kd.gif[/img]
Reap your life like you want to recognise all you have come to!
When I stamp it on your forehead
So you will never forget that you're a reject,
And you're no one little impotent one!
flynn

Post by flynn »

i've gone through phases like that....i used to lie awake at night and strees about the direction my life was taking. i am over it now but i've always been a hell insomniac and starting work at 6 in the morning when its still dark doesn't help much
weedguru tom
← i ♥ weed →
←  i ♥ weed  →
Posts: 7448
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
Contact:

Post by weedguru tom »

my gf has a condition that smakes her very tired all the time, its a medical problem, il look into it more for you and see if there is anythin` to deal with it, its weird it killes her to stay up past 10pm ona weeknight, its weird
GodHand Kronix
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:36 am
Location: Cape Coma
Contact:

Post by GodHand Kronix »

That's pretty weird. I would imagine the best thing to do would be basically what $tu said, lay down and try to sleep as best you can, and even if you're not asleep, your body is still resting. Eventually your body will get more used to falling asleep earlier, and therefore waking up earlier. If that doesn't work, I don't know what will. Maybe your mom should pump coffee into you while you sleep :lol:
RIP Andrew James Howard
June 9, 1982
September 16, 2005
I love you man..
herbal stu
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4140
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:28 pm
Location: Wigan, England
Contact:

Post by herbal stu »

Tom could your gf have a real mild form of narcolepsia?
[img]http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/2582/distsig1kd.gif[/img]
Reap your life like you want to recognise all you have come to!
When I stamp it on your forehead
So you will never forget that you're a reject,
And you're no one little impotent one!
weedguru tom
← i ♥ weed →
←  i ♥ weed  →
Posts: 7448
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
Contact:

Post by weedguru tom »

no idea
Beldin
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 422
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:54 pm
Contact:

Post by Beldin »

In which case, lets rephrase that.
Herbal $tu wrote:Tom your gf could have a real mild form of narcolepsia?
weedguru tom
← i ♥ weed →
←  i ♥ weed  →
Posts: 7448
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
Contact:

Post by weedguru tom »

wtf im not doctor
User avatar
stnoed
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 887
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:31 am
Location: Gainesville, FL
Contact:

Post by stnoed »

Herbal $tu wrote:Tom could your gf have a real mild form of narcolepsia?
no.

narcolepsia is when you fall asleep randomly, whenever your body decides to. you dont get tired; you just drop and fall right asleep.

this sounds more like a symptom of anotehr disease.. people with diabetes often get very tired..

aids patients too..

and anyone who has a blood deficiancy... mainly a low iron count called Iron Deficiency Anemia
[img]http://www.geocities.com/isigneduptoplaychess/ciggy.jpg[/img]
weedguru tom
← i ♥ weed →
←  i ♥ weed  →
Posts: 7448
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
Contact:

Post by weedguru tom »

nah shes had tests for all this, doctors think it has somthin` to do with bein` dyslexic, i cant spell for shit .. haha
Beldin
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 422
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:54 pm
Contact:

Post by Beldin »

stnoed wrote:
Herbal $tu wrote:Tom could your gf have a real mild form of narcolepsia?
no.

narcolepsia is when you fall asleep randomly, whenever your body decides to. you dont get tired; you just drop and fall right asleep.
Did you even research that, or did you just assume that you knew exactly what it was because you saw it in a movie? Considering the following, I'd guess the latter:

"The main symptoms of narcolepsy are excessive daytime sleepiness and abnormal REM sleep."
http://www-med.stanford.edu/school/Psyc ... arcolepsy/
User avatar
stnoed
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 887
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:31 am
Location: Gainesville, FL
Contact:

Post by stnoed »

no, i didnt research it and no i didnt see it in a movie. i learned it in school, and excessive daytime sleepiness is one of the symptoms, but it is also characterized by being overcome with sleep; passing out, usually for only 5 minutes of less, but it happens randomly.

dont argue with me, i know what im talking about.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/isigneduptoplaychess/ciggy.jpg[/img]
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users