Headed into the courtroom tomorrow for truancy...
Moderator: Moderators
- God
- Bonghead

- Posts: 322
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:21 am
- Contact:
Headed into the courtroom tomorrow for truancy...
Tomorrow at about 1:00PM or something, I'm schedules to be in court, involving truancy. I've been having alot of problems getting up in the mornings for school. I think something is seriously wrong. Everyone else seems to think I'm lazy and I just don't care.
I do care. I'm not lazy. I actually like the idea of being at school and getting my work done, and having the feeling at the end of the day that lets you think to yourself "Ah, that wasn't so bad.." I just literally cannot get up.. I've tried alarms.. My mom claims to wake me up every morning, but I'm not conscious enough to think about what I'm doing to be able to get up out of the bed.
I haven't been on time for school in weeks, but when I do get up, I get a shower and head right to school.. Even if I only make it for a couple of hours a day, to me, that's better than nothing.
I'm on schedule not to graduate on time with the rest of my class. I feel like such an idiot. I'm trying my best, but It's not even good enough for me.
Does anyone know what they do your first time in court for this? My brother either got a warning, or some sort of discipline from the law. Also, if anyone knows of anything that might help me get up in the mornings, I'd appreciate it. I'm not awake enough to make decisions, and my mom says I swing at her in my sleep. I feel bad.
I do care. I'm not lazy. I actually like the idea of being at school and getting my work done, and having the feeling at the end of the day that lets you think to yourself "Ah, that wasn't so bad.." I just literally cannot get up.. I've tried alarms.. My mom claims to wake me up every morning, but I'm not conscious enough to think about what I'm doing to be able to get up out of the bed.
I haven't been on time for school in weeks, but when I do get up, I get a shower and head right to school.. Even if I only make it for a couple of hours a day, to me, that's better than nothing.
I'm on schedule not to graduate on time with the rest of my class. I feel like such an idiot. I'm trying my best, but It's not even good enough for me.
Does anyone know what they do your first time in court for this? My brother either got a warning, or some sort of discipline from the law. Also, if anyone knows of anything that might help me get up in the mornings, I'd appreciate it. I'm not awake enough to make decisions, and my mom says I swing at her in my sleep. I feel bad.
- El_Bristow
- Bonghead

- Posts: 165
- Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:04 pm
- Location: Sutton, Cambridge
- Contact:
my friend has this problem, and insists its near impossible to get out of bed anytime before 14:00.
i smoke pot to help me sleep before i go to bed as im a total insomniac, however i do find it makes it a hell of a lot harder to get up in the morning.
i smoke pot to help me sleep before i go to bed as im a total insomniac, however i do find it makes it a hell of a lot harder to get up in the morning.
Perception is everything
[img]http://www.freewebs.com/bristow/Elpipe.gif[/img][img]http://www.freewebs.com/bristow/smokin.jpg[/img][img]http://www.freewebs.com/bristow/ELcream.gif[/img]
http://stonedbristow.q.fm/
[img]http://www.freewebs.com/bristow/Elpipe.gif[/img][img]http://www.freewebs.com/bristow/smokin.jpg[/img][img]http://www.freewebs.com/bristow/ELcream.gif[/img]
http://stonedbristow.q.fm/
-
Beldin
- Bonghead

- Posts: 422
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:54 pm
- Contact:
-
herbal stu
- Ganja God

- Posts: 4140
- Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:28 pm
- Location: Wigan, England
- Contact:
lol nothin beats stayin up all night now and again I suggest you got to bed a lot earlier say about 9ish 10ish for a week or 2 and even if your not sleepy just lie there in quiet contemplation about things, read a book or something and just drift off even if you dont sleep your body is still getting rest and this could help?
[img]http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/2582/distsig1kd.gif[/img]
Reap your life like you want to recognise all you have come to!
When I stamp it on your forehead
So you will never forget that you're a reject,
And you're no one little impotent one!
Reap your life like you want to recognise all you have come to!
When I stamp it on your forehead
So you will never forget that you're a reject,
And you're no one little impotent one!
-
flynn
-
weedguru tom
- ← i ♥ weed →

- Posts: 7448
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
- Contact:
-
GodHand Kronix
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 3191
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:36 am
- Location: Cape Coma
- Contact:
That's pretty weird. I would imagine the best thing to do would be basically what $tu said, lay down and try to sleep as best you can, and even if you're not asleep, your body is still resting. Eventually your body will get more used to falling asleep earlier, and therefore waking up earlier. If that doesn't work, I don't know what will. Maybe your mom should pump coffee into you while you sleep 
RIP Andrew James Howard
June 9, 1982
September 16, 2005
I love you man..
June 9, 1982
September 16, 2005
I love you man..
-
herbal stu
- Ganja God

- Posts: 4140
- Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:28 pm
- Location: Wigan, England
- Contact:
Tom could your gf have a real mild form of narcolepsia?
[img]http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/2582/distsig1kd.gif[/img]
Reap your life like you want to recognise all you have come to!
When I stamp it on your forehead
So you will never forget that you're a reject,
And you're no one little impotent one!
Reap your life like you want to recognise all you have come to!
When I stamp it on your forehead
So you will never forget that you're a reject,
And you're no one little impotent one!
-
weedguru tom
- ← i ♥ weed →

- Posts: 7448
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
- Contact:
-
Beldin
- Bonghead

- Posts: 422
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:54 pm
- Contact:
-
weedguru tom
- ← i ♥ weed →

- Posts: 7448
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
- Contact:
- stnoed
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 887
- Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:31 am
- Location: Gainesville, FL
- Contact:
no.Herbal $tu wrote:Tom could your gf have a real mild form of narcolepsia?
narcolepsia is when you fall asleep randomly, whenever your body decides to. you dont get tired; you just drop and fall right asleep.
this sounds more like a symptom of anotehr disease.. people with diabetes often get very tired..
aids patients too..
and anyone who has a blood deficiancy... mainly a low iron count called Iron Deficiency Anemia
[img]http://www.geocities.com/isigneduptoplaychess/ciggy.jpg[/img]
-
weedguru tom
- ← i ♥ weed →

- Posts: 7448
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
- Contact:
-
Beldin
- Bonghead

- Posts: 422
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:54 pm
- Contact:
Did you even research that, or did you just assume that you knew exactly what it was because you saw it in a movie? Considering the following, I'd guess the latter:stnoed wrote:no.Herbal $tu wrote:Tom could your gf have a real mild form of narcolepsia?
narcolepsia is when you fall asleep randomly, whenever your body decides to. you dont get tired; you just drop and fall right asleep.
"The main symptoms of narcolepsy are excessive daytime sleepiness and abnormal REM sleep."
http://www-med.stanford.edu/school/Psyc ... arcolepsy/
- stnoed
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 887
- Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:31 am
- Location: Gainesville, FL
- Contact:
no, i didnt research it and no i didnt see it in a movie. i learned it in school, and excessive daytime sleepiness is one of the symptoms, but it is also characterized by being overcome with sleep; passing out, usually for only 5 minutes of less, but it happens randomly.
dont argue with me, i know what im talking about.
dont argue with me, i know what im talking about.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/isigneduptoplaychess/ciggy.jpg[/img]
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users