Paranormal experiances/Do you believe in the afterlife?
Moderator: Moderators
- Happyhour420
- Casual toker

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:22 pm
- Contact:
Paranormal experiances/Do you believe in the afterlife?
I just want to know if any of you have had any paranormal experiances with ghosts or something you couldn't explain..
I also want to know if you believe in life after death / the afterlife and please explain why or why not.
Good day.
I also want to know if you believe in life after death / the afterlife and please explain why or why not.
Good day.
Shmoke Chib!
- Tlicious
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2062
- Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:12 am
- Location: Your Closet
- Contact:
-
4*20
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2571
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:30 am
- Contact:
- SomeGuy
- Casual toker

- Posts: 96
- Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:31 am
- Location: Florida
- Contact:
-
Zen
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1088
- Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:56 am
- Location: P.G., British Columbia
- Contact:
yes, ghosts can be particularly creepy. I strongly believe in the afterlife, and ghosts and the paranormal etc.
Take this for example....
My grandmother died last year, she was old, and sick, and had been ready to leave this world for a long time, she was in a lot of pain, and practically on life suport at an elderly "care" institute which my parents thought would be "best" for her. Anywho, she died eventually, and I was happy for her. The next night, we were all sitting around the large dining room table, having a nice dinner to sorta honour her passing, since we usually eat at the coffee table in the living room. As we all sit down and prepare to eat, my grandma's old music box, sitting in the china cabinet, started playing. It played once through an entire song, and then stopped. It hadn't been touched in years. Not once had it ever in the past started playing randomly. IT was chilling, but I feel that it was a sign from her, telling us that she was happy now, that she was better off. It was a happy song.
Anywho, ever since then I've believed in ghosts and etc. I don't know how I couldn't.
peace
Take this for example....
My grandmother died last year, she was old, and sick, and had been ready to leave this world for a long time, she was in a lot of pain, and practically on life suport at an elderly "care" institute which my parents thought would be "best" for her. Anywho, she died eventually, and I was happy for her. The next night, we were all sitting around the large dining room table, having a nice dinner to sorta honour her passing, since we usually eat at the coffee table in the living room. As we all sit down and prepare to eat, my grandma's old music box, sitting in the china cabinet, started playing. It played once through an entire song, and then stopped. It hadn't been touched in years. Not once had it ever in the past started playing randomly. IT was chilling, but I feel that it was a sign from her, telling us that she was happy now, that she was better off. It was a happy song.
Anywho, ever since then I've believed in ghosts and etc. I don't know how I couldn't.
peace
Use the Earth to sew...
Use the Water to grow...
Use your hands to pick...
Your fingers to pack...
Use the Fire to burn...
Use the Air to breathe...
AND TOKE THAT SH!T LIKE A MUTHA FUCKIN' CYCLONE!!!
-Derekson
Use the Water to grow...
Use your hands to pick...
Your fingers to pack...
Use the Fire to burn...
Use the Air to breathe...
AND TOKE THAT SH!T LIKE A MUTHA FUCKIN' CYCLONE!!!
-Derekson
-
4*20
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2571
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:30 am
- Contact:
- CardHore
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 895
- Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:19 am
- Location: england
- Contact:
I dont belive in an afterlife as such, but i belive that there must be something after you die, as like i said before i cant comprehend not being able to think etc. if you get me. I also belive that things like ghosts etc are just peoples minds playing tricks on them making them belive there is something there. If chemicals that make you halucinate can be created outside the body by us LSD etc then why isnt there something similar being created at certain moments inside our bodies that has a similar effect? im not a brain surgeon and im guessing someone will disprove this lol 
'Surely you cant be serious'
'I am serious, and dont call me Sherley'
'I am serious, and dont call me Sherley'
-
Zen
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1088
- Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:56 am
- Location: P.G., British Columbia
- Contact:
wow
that actually makes a lot of sense! I neve rthought of it that way CardHore.... When you excercise or get an adrenaline rush your body produces Endorphins which give you a happy high.... so I'm sure that your body could make you hallucinate... You see a lot of stuff when you're dreaming... so maybe the brain sort of projects an image onto the backdrop that you see before you, and you would think it's a ghost.
*shrug* killer theory
peace
that actually makes a lot of sense! I neve rthought of it that way CardHore.... When you excercise or get an adrenaline rush your body produces Endorphins which give you a happy high.... so I'm sure that your body could make you hallucinate... You see a lot of stuff when you're dreaming... so maybe the brain sort of projects an image onto the backdrop that you see before you, and you would think it's a ghost.
*shrug* killer theory
peace
Use the Earth to sew...
Use the Water to grow...
Use your hands to pick...
Your fingers to pack...
Use the Fire to burn...
Use the Air to breathe...
AND TOKE THAT SH!T LIKE A MUTHA FUCKIN' CYCLONE!!!
-Derekson
Use the Water to grow...
Use your hands to pick...
Your fingers to pack...
Use the Fire to burn...
Use the Air to breathe...
AND TOKE THAT SH!T LIKE A MUTHA FUCKIN' CYCLONE!!!
-Derekson
-
Beldin
- Bonghead

- Posts: 422
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:54 pm
- Contact:
I'll answer that easily with another question:CardHore wrote:If chemicals that make you halucinate can be created outside the body by us LSD etc then why isnt there something similar being created at certain moments inside our bodies that has a similar effect?
Why *would* our bodies produce a chemical that made us hallucinate?
-
Zen
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1088
- Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:56 am
- Location: P.G., British Columbia
- Contact:
Maybe it doesn't do it intentionally.... kind of like a muscle spasm.
Or maybe it's just a subconcious thing, an image made up of a composition of memories etc. and what not... I'm graspin at straws here though...
My best theory would be like, you're dreaming while you're awake, but only partially dreaming.....
this is all really speculation and theory based on totally nothing. I could say that every movie isa reality in some other dimension, with the same amount of confidence and evidence as I said about the latter.
so that's why I choose to believe in ghosts... well partially... well actually not until I started posting in this thread hahaha I've just always believed in ghosts, that's all
peace
Or maybe it's just a subconcious thing, an image made up of a composition of memories etc. and what not... I'm graspin at straws here though...
My best theory would be like, you're dreaming while you're awake, but only partially dreaming.....
this is all really speculation and theory based on totally nothing. I could say that every movie isa reality in some other dimension, with the same amount of confidence and evidence as I said about the latter.
so that's why I choose to believe in ghosts... well partially... well actually not until I started posting in this thread hahaha I've just always believed in ghosts, that's all
peace
Use the Earth to sew...
Use the Water to grow...
Use your hands to pick...
Your fingers to pack...
Use the Fire to burn...
Use the Air to breathe...
AND TOKE THAT SH!T LIKE A MUTHA FUCKIN' CYCLONE!!!
-Derekson
Use the Water to grow...
Use your hands to pick...
Your fingers to pack...
Use the Fire to burn...
Use the Air to breathe...
AND TOKE THAT SH!T LIKE A MUTHA FUCKIN' CYCLONE!!!
-Derekson
-
the mac
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2625
- Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:51 am
- Location: Victoria BC Canada..
- Contact:
-
GodHand Kronix
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 3191
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:36 am
- Location: Cape Coma
- Contact:
Because, at least as my theory goes, those who have passed on can visit this world, but only in invisible entities, so as not to scare people. When someone is spotted that the entity wishes to communicate with, the chemicals in that person activate to create the form of the entity's phsyical body while it was on this plane. True, it's a crazy theory with no evidence to back it up, but it's still what I believe.Beldin wrote:I'll answer that easily with another question:CardHore wrote:If chemicals that make you halucinate can be created outside the body by us LSD etc then why isnt there something similar being created at certain moments inside our bodies that has a similar effect?
Why *would* our bodies produce a chemical that made us hallucinate?
RIP Andrew James Howard
June 9, 1982
September 16, 2005
I love you man..
June 9, 1982
September 16, 2005
I love you man..
-
herbal stu
- Ganja God

- Posts: 4140
- Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:28 pm
- Location: Wigan, England
- Contact:
Makes sense dude and I agree to be honest until I find or experience otherwise 
[img]http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/2582/distsig1kd.gif[/img]
Reap your life like you want to recognise all you have come to!
When I stamp it on your forehead
So you will never forget that you're a reject,
And you're no one little impotent one!
Reap your life like you want to recognise all you have come to!
When I stamp it on your forehead
So you will never forget that you're a reject,
And you're no one little impotent one!
- phoenix_winter
- Casual toker

- Posts: 40
- Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:08 am
- Contact:
-
Beldin
- Bonghead

- Posts: 422
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:54 pm
- Contact:
Now, while those are all very interesting options, none of them answer my question. Yeah, the body *could* produce a substance that made us hallucinate. I don't think it does, but its possible. The thing is, Chicka asked "why isnt there something similar being created at certain moments inside our bodies that has a similar effect?" The answer to that, of course, is that there is no reason for our bodies to want us to hallucinate, hence my question of "Why *would* our bodies produce a chemical that made us hallucinate?"Derekson wrote:Maybe it doesn't do it intentionally.... kind of like a muscle spasm.
Or maybe it's just a subconcious thing, an image made up of a composition of memories etc. and what not... I'm graspin at straws here though...
My best theory would be like, you're dreaming while you're awake, but only partially dreaming.....
this is all really speculation and theory based on totally nothing. I could say that every movie isa reality in some other dimension, with the same amount of confidence and evidence as I said about the latter.
so that's why I choose to believe in ghosts... well partially... well actually not until I started posting in this thread hahaha I've just always believed in ghosts, that's all
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users