I've been kinda bitter about my life and the way things have turned out do to how good my life used to be, or at least how satisfied I was with it last year before I got arrested. Some of you know may remember the story as I vaguely remember posting the gory deets almost immediately after I got out of jail. Anyways, this event forced me to finally examine my future and what I'm going to do with it. Although this is somewhat satisfying I can't help but feel that I'm missing out on a lot of fun that my peers are having at this age. I constantly tell myself that I've already had years of this youthful bliss and now it's time to 'pound the pavement'. This process of paying my dues is very wearing on myself when my own girlfriend who I live with continues to be able to live and thrive in such a world (although she does continue to do very well in school and has her shit together much more so than myself...) as I struggle to keep up with my own personal goals. Anyways, I don't really know where I'm going with that but just a little back story to this poem I guess. I wrote this perhaps as a coping mechanism and it was inspired by the song 'Imagine' by Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre which I heard on the radio tonight at work...
Here's the actual song...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdZaQMocMpU[/youtube]
And here's me...
Imagine it never happend
Imagine 10 L's a day and livin' in traffic
Imagine the grip so thick as life keeps stackin'
Imagine fake friends
homies crashin on the couch each day usin' you for their ends
Imagine all the laughs, bullshit and the trends
Livin' in a world that I reflect in
Imagine boss status
They praise you as they hate you because they wish that they had it
schemin against you, use you for that grey magic
Imagine no strife
Youthful habits remain within myself as a man hits a pipe
No thought of the future, or what of this life
livin' in a game that ends by cuff, gun, or knife
(Hook on the actual song)
Before we go
Can you imagine?
Picture years, with your mom
Can you imagine?
Hang her picture in the sky
Can you imagine?
Call emergency I've been dreamin' all my life.
Might write a second verse about Imagining the future later but now I gotsa get some sleep...
Imagine (Not John Lennon's Imagine)
Moderators: weedguru_animal, Moderators
-
buttermilk
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 919
- Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:04 pm
- Contact:
-
AbbyRoad
- Ganja God

- Posts: 4340
- Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
- Location: Sarnia
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
