Modnation Racers

Which do you play - on which platforms?

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Modnation Racers

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »



Out on PS3, I'm pondering about buying this one, on one end I'm not really that much of a race fan, on the other hand I loved Mario Kart back in the day.

This is basically mario Kart,only ten times better and with the option of creating your very own tracks,forever!
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
Footienut1892
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:55 pm
Location: Birmingham, England
Contact:

Re: Modnation Racers

Post by Footienut1892 »

I bought this, and it's awesome. The customisation is cool i love games that give you creative freedom anyway but it's so easy to use as well, i made myself a pretty cool looking car and modracer to go with it. The actual racing is like nothing else i've experienced, it's all about drifting round the tight bends and using your boost wisely (drifting among other things earn you boost) . And the tracks and the scenary around the tracks is very detailed, each track is differant, i haven't tried to make my own track yet (thinking this weekend) but i hope it's as easy to use as the other creative tools in the game. The weapons are good too, each one has three stages you have to collect three tokens to get to the most powerful weapon of that type. Probably made that sound more complicated than it is but you get the idea.

The online play, from what i've experienced so far has been very fun and not laggy at all. The loading times are a little long but that's why i have my laptop on so i can just have a quick browse on net so it's not the worst thing. Apparently they're working on a patch to speed the loading times up. It's also interesting to see what other people have come up with too.
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Modnation Racers

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

haha yeah, I bought it a while ago and played one or two career tracks, but never got into it because I have only one controller, but this weekend I took my PS3 to one of my friends' and we had a blast playing it with four players.

We made some pretty crazy tracks :)


ANd I agree, except for the loading times which can be quite extensive at times it is a beautiful game, especially when you get the hang of drifting !
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2777
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 8:57 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Modnation Racers

Post by wgToonces »

I thought the ad looked cool as fuck for this :D Unfortunately I'm a broke ass bitch, so I cannot buy it.
:scratchs:
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users