Why do you love your country?

Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

Regarded
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 834
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Israel
Contact:

Re: Why do you love your country?

Post by Regarded »

I love israel because...wait...I dont even like israel...nevermind go on without me.
Image
Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard
Posts: 4357
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Why do you love your country?

Post by Bubbles »

Actually Flow, the Rugby one... Rugby is fun as hell and ive seen some fuckin wierd things when i used to play it but you hit ALOT less hard because of subconsciously thinking of lowering the pain.

and i can cook better hotdogs than any new york hotdog stand. im like hotdog timmy when it comes to hotdog cooking.
Image
logically
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1564
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:41 am
Location: the woods
Contact:

Re: Why do you love your country?

Post by logically »

I like america because there are so many different cultures throughout the different states that it seems like a lot of states are their own little countries. Its pretty neat to think about. Our country is flippin huge lol. There's a lot of bullshit in my country but that's not really what everyday life is like here. I live in a quiet town with not a whole lot to do. There are lots of idiots here, but usually they end up moving on to a bigger city. Most of the folks are really nice and no one bothers you. When i was younger i hated living here and i always wanted to go to Canada or Mexico. Then i grew up a little more and realized that i am lucky to be where I am. And you may think i have been brainwashed to say that, and if you do, oh well. I love Wisconsin and I never want to leave it. Its a silly state that the rest of country thinks is full of boring fat people! And there are a lot of fat people, but a lot of skinny and in shape people too. And maybe we are all boring compared to the rest of the country, but we're happy. And I'm happy here. And sometimes when the sun is setting over the rolling bluffs and hills... and i am outside away from the news and radio, and all the other bullshit. A tear runs down my cheek and I thank God that i live in a such a beautiful, amazing place.


HA HA HA that was cheesy! but its true... i love this country, and i love this state.

good thread matten, there is so much negativity these days it's nice to stop and think about the things that are good.
ImageA warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.Image
(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5762
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Why do you love your country?

Post by (weedguru)scarf »

flyinhigh wrote:Actually Flow, the Rugby one... Rugby is fun as hell and ive seen some fuckin wierd things when i used to play it but you hit ALOT less hard because of subconsciously thinking of lowering the pain.

and i can cook better hotdogs than any new york hotdog stand. im like hotdog timmy when it comes to hotdog cooking.
Clearly you were playing the American Version of Rugby
Come to NZ or Aus and play rugby and we will show you how to hit in tackles.
not bump with pads.
woah
Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard
Posts: 4357
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Why do you love your country?

Post by Bubbles »

(weedguru)scarf wrote:
flyinhigh wrote:Actually Flow, the Rugby one... Rugby is fun as hell and ive seen some fuckin wierd things when i used to play it but you hit ALOT less hard because of subconsciously thinking of lowering the pain.

and i can cook better hotdogs than any new york hotdog stand. im like hotdog timmy when it comes to hotdog cooking.
Clearly you were playing the American Version of Rugby
Come to NZ or Aus and play rugby and we will show you how to hit in tackles.
not bump with pads.
well if there is any difference then i probably was, not to mention i was 13-14 when i played.
Image
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Re: Why do you love your country?

Post by weedguru_animal »

I have love only for people, not for country. And although I could harp on about the glory of England as much as the regrettable dishnoourable efforts of the past to conquer the world and the present general english majority, I do not see the point...for I judge people, individually. Not collectively...Indeed, I can gleam an impression, a framework, from what a country seems like to me, but that is simply a general indicator...for I don't judge all frenchman as arrogant, nor all americans as ignorant, nor all englishman as haughty...or scum. I take people as I find them, not how I find their ancestors and brethren.
Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2687
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
Contact:

Re: Why do you love your country?

Post by Ikku »

I would agree with animal in a sense that I judge people individually, but not because I don't think they should be judged collectively, but because when I judge collectively I get misanthropic and depressed. There are plenty of people I know who are great people and don't deserve any harm that the universe sees fit to inflict upon them. However, as a collective I think humanity is in pretty bad shape. As much as individualism is good for self expression and whatnot, we forget the fact that we ARE a collective. We don't understand that humanity (and life and the universe in general) is one united thing because we're so caught up with the divisions between self and non-self and we become arrogant, egotistical, selfish pricks.

I don't like any western society because of capitalism and commercialism...taking advantage of each other for the sake of the almighty $
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.
andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
Location: welcome to the midwest
Contact:

Re: Why do you love your country?

Post by andriaSRH »

Regarded wrote:I love israel because...wait...I dont even like israel...nevermind go on without me.
:lol:

I love that I can read books and wear shorts.
wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2777
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 8:57 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Why do you love your country?

Post by wgToonces »

I love....Pretty much nothing about Britain itsself :/

You can find cool people here, but you can find cool people anywhere.

Infact I like Britains countryside and amazing views that some places here have to offer, but then again you can find amazing views most places too :/ lol, Britain has nothing really stand-outish. For the most part it's a shitty country.
:scratchs:
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Why do you love your country?

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

I love knowing that when I get run over/real sick there's a nice social system that'll help me out for the time needed.

I love Belgian cuisine.

I live in the country with the very best beers in the world.

Best chocolate

It's quite central, nothing is really that far from Belgium

I like it here because I was born here, but I do not feel any connection on a national/cultural level, while all my friends say they feel they are 'Flemish first, then Belgian' or 'Antwerpian first, then Flemish, then Belgian' I just say 'I'm around' ;)
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
Grrrl
Moderator
Posts: 1220
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:19 pm
Location: Manchester, uk
Contact:

Re: Why do you love your country?

Post by Grrrl »

I have no love or pride left for my CUNTry whatsoever. The sooner I can get out of here the better as far as I am concerned, because there is nothing here for me, anything I can name that is good about living here is far out weighed by the bad. I hate the english lifestyle, I hate the english misplaced pride, the general populations inability to accept difference in any form, and besides that the weather sucks too. I wish I was a gypsy sometimes so I could just live where ever I wanted whenever I wanted and not be tied to one culture or way of life.
Image
Me importa un pimiento...
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Why do you love your country?

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

Yes you would be, you would be tied to gypsy culture and ways of life... Only thing difference is you'll be living more like nomads than settled people.

I too wish to get out of here as soon as possible, even with all the lovely things in my country there are too many things that piss me off or simply do not suit me or my way of thinking, I know I'll only prosper and fully develop if I get out of here. SO that's my gameplan : get money,lots of it, then move out!
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
Location: welcome to the midwest
Contact:

Re: Why do you love your country?

Post by andriaSRH »

I love freedom of speech.
Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard
Posts: 4357
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Why do you love your country?

Post by Bubbles »

andriaSRH wrote:I love freedom of speech.
must suck you dont have it.



i love Canada as its one of the few countries that isnt a complete mess of corruption and lies. our politicians are fucking idiots so its just impossible for them to do so.
Image
Blunt Docta
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 850
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 2:31 am
Location: Cloud 9
Contact:

Re: Why do you love your country?

Post by Blunt Docta »

i love that i can have bud delivered to my door
Image
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users