tattoos, how do you feel about them?

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
Location: Sarnia
Contact:

tattoos, how do you feel about them?

Post by AbbyRoad »

im sure there is a topic already about this somewhere, but im far to inept to look for it. so....

i love tattoo art and culture and was wondering how all of you felt about it.
have any of your own? or know of any awesome artist woth spreading the word about
Image
J O E
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:55 pm
Contact:

Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?

Post by J O E »

not as cool as I thought they were when I was too young to get one.
I still havent gotten one because I feel its a luxury.

Some are cool, most are stupid... but in the end its your body

If you want a really good tattoo go to an artist that has a waiting list... the best ones have lists as long as 5-10 years!!!
its just there in the air
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?

Post by Weedguru Higher »

I like tattoos, some of them are really damn nice. But I wouldn't ever get one cause I can't deal with the idea of being and old geezer with wrinkly skin and having tattoos. Old people with tattoos give me the heebie jeebies!
Image
weedguru_waffles

Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?

Post by weedguru_waffles »

some are nice, some not so much. If you are going to get a tattoo, it has to have a good reason behind it and not "oh just because it looked pretty" or "I just like that colour" kind of thing...
However I'd never get one for a few reasons:
1. I am a whimp and can't stand pain
2. I'd get bored of looking at it all the time... I guess I change a lot.. and don't want to be looking at the same thing over and over and over... and eventually I'd want to get rid of it... just like I did with the henna tattoo... I got bored of it so darn quickly.
3. Don't really see the point on spending so much money on that.

I'm not bashing the whole tattooing thing. I've seen plenty of people with some awesome tattoos... full sleeves done, and it looks great. But personally I wouldn't. :p

always make sure your tattoo represents something meaningful for you, like this deck chair

Image
Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard
Posts: 4357
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?

Post by Bubbles »

i should totally get a 3rd nipple tattoo.
Image
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?

Post by SpRi7e »

In a few months I'll be getting a yin n yang symbol somewhere, probably on my back shoulder blade, and getting the words "No Regrets" down my arm. Not sure what I want to get first though, and I'll probably end up going up to getting half a sleeve on one of my arms, the yin n yang symbol, and that's it. I don't want to be really tatted up, but definitely have some nice art work/philosophy's that I'll live by forever.
Peace Not Greed.
Certified-Nutter
The Iron Lungs of Wales!
The Iron Lungs of Wales!
Posts: 1835
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: somewhere in the vallies
Contact:

Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?

Post by Certified-Nutter »

i aint against tattoos or nothing on others, and i have considered mayb getting one some time... its just i would have to find something i liked enough to put on my skin for the rest of my life...

also i have a deadly fear of needles, its not the feeling, its the idea... its a fucking tube man, urch...
so needless to say it would have to be something i REALLY like to go thru a couple of hours with a needle.
Image Image Image <- My old account
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

Personally not a fan of them,there are nice tattoo's but most of the time they're so cliché,also dislike color tattoo's because they tend to mix together into this huge colorful blob.

But it's your body,do whatever you want with it.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
logically
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1564
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:41 am
Location: the woods
Contact:

Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?

Post by logically »

Well my advice is get tattoos places where you can cover them up with clothing. i have one on my forearm and i really wish i would have gotten it on my back or my bicep or somewhere coverable by a t-shirt.

but oh well... once you get a tattoo it literally is a part you. I know you thinking, well duh! but until you have had one for years you don't really understand that lol...
ImageA warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.Image
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Try and get a job with a tattoo you can't hide...hehe good luck!
Image
Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2687
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
Contact:

Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?

Post by Ikku »

Ooo I want one BAD.

Last fall I was seriously seriously considering getting one of a modified yin-yang I had worked out with one of my friends who's really good at abstract drawing and it looked pretty tight, I don't have it saved anymore though. I decided it was too cliche to go with the yin yang concept even though I just read the Tao te Ching last fall for philosophy class and LOVED it. I still wanna get some Eastern philosophical/religious symbol, ya know Hinduism or Buddhism or something. I just ate all that shit up when I learned about it. And I used to think Westerners embracing Eastern philosophy were a bunch of posers :oops:

Right now I'm waiting though, probably until my 21st unless I see something I HAVE to etch into my body forever. I'll probably visit some artists over the summer and then have another school year to think on it.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.
User avatar
Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?

Post by Dr. Greenthumb »

....i wanna lick 'em
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
Location: Sarnia
Contact:

Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?

Post by AbbyRoad »

thanks for the imput everyone.
but im a lil surprised to hear so few of you have ink. but i guess its just cause most of the weed people i know in RL are tattooed up.

i have a number of tattoos, and plan on being fully inked one day.
but i agree; you gotta have good reasons for getting it, most people should be able to cover it up (unless your going for full coverage), and its gotta look fuckin awesome lol
Image
User avatar
Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?

Post by Dr. Greenthumb »

I want to get a leg covered. Don't really have that kind of cash though :|
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
logically
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1564
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:41 am
Location: the woods
Contact:

Re: tattoos, how do you feel about them?

Post by logically »

I have only two tattoos right now...

i want more really bad... but tattoos (especially the good ones) are super expensive! And i just don't have extra cash for something that isn't necesary... but someday i am getting another one... or 5...
ImageA warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.Image
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users