I feel so guilty

Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

I feel so guilty

Post by Gorecore »

My backyard has a tendency to attract the odd mouse and/or rat to live and find shelter. There are two sheds out there plus a large pile of stacked firewood that make perfect nests for the little vermin.

When my parents found out about the rats/mice, my mother ran out immediately to buy a spring loaded rat trap to keep the buggers in check. This all started happening about 3 or 4 years ago and since then, we've killed nearly 30 mice and rats. The trap they have is fairly humane as it comes down and snaps their neck and SHOULD kill them instantly. Guess the trap isn't big enough for some of the bigger boys.

Tuesday morning, I noticed the trap was no longer in its usual spot and I assumed it was just taken in due to the lack of rodents. Not so. About 12 hours later, I was in the backyard having a cigarette when I could hear this slightly faint high pitched squealing. My dog took off toward the source of the screaming and she drags this 12-18 inch long rat with its neck caught in the trap still from under one of the sheds! She started playing with it and throwing it around, all the while it was screaming. So without even thinking, I grabbed a large snowshovel from the patio, ran down into the yard, and told the dog to get out of the way. I stared at the poor thing caught in the trap for a good 20 seconds before I took the shovel and beat the remaining life out of the rat.

I knew it was the right thing to do. The poor bastard had been suffering all day and half the night with this trap attached to his neck. But why do I feel so terrible?? I love all animals and I have never caused a single animal any harm and certainly not death. The only things I've killed in my life have been annoying insects...not fleshy, fur covered mammals.

I wanted to release him to the wild but I knew he would have suffered and died from his injuries...and probably taking a chunk of my hand in his mouth with him for good measure. I had no choice. And I still feel horrible for doing what had to be done.
Image
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: I feel so guilty

Post by Weedguru Higher »

:shock:

You did the right thing...but damn, you are one cruel bastard!
Image
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: I feel so guilty

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

You shouldn't feel too sorry man, they're rats they procreate at enormous rates. Plus they carry disease and whatnot.

What had to be done is done, besides you showed mercy upon the vermin...You're okay in my book!
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Re: I feel so guilty

Post by Gorecore »

I know. That's what I try to keep telling myself. "They're vermin and carry all sorts of fun diseases. They multiply as fast as bunnies. They chew holes through wood, wire, and invade your walls."

But I keep seeing a high pitched screaming face staring up at me in the flashlit darkness that looked a lot like this,

Image

Only with a metal bar across its neck.

Yeah, I'm a pussy. I'd never make it as a soldier. I feel bad about killing something that most people would go out of their way to kill with a giant smile on their face.
Image
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: I feel so guilty

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

That's cause you're a soft hearted geezer ;-)
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard
Posts: 4357
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: I feel so guilty

Post by Bubbles »

yea well when we had a gopher in our yard we killed it with a shovel then my step dad gutted it, it was fucked and i felt sick.
Image
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: I feel so guilty

Post by Weedguru Higher »

My Dad made me kill a hamster that had a gross abscess on it's body. It was a life lessons teaching thing.....I put it in a bag and whacked it with a shovel. Broke my heart :cry:
Image
User avatar
Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Re: I feel so guilty

Post by Dr. Greenthumb »

flyinhigh wrote:yea well when we had a gopher in our yard we killed it with a shovel then my step dad gutted it, it was fucked and i felt sick.
Don't wanna know why your step dad would gut a gopher...I'm just hoping he's an amateur taxidermist or something.

----

I had a girlfriend once who had alot of chickens in her neighborhood. One day a stray dog got to one of the the chicks but didn't kill it.

She proceeded to grab the chick by the legs and slam its head against the wall to put the thing out of its misery. I don't think I've ever been so turned on.

What I'm trying to get at is that there's nothing (wrong) with mercy killings. In some cases it can even be sexy.
Last edited by Dr. Greenthumb on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: I feel so guilty

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Dr. Greenthumb wrote:
What I'm trying to get at is that there's nothing with mercy killings. In some cases it can even be sexy.
I think we have a potential serial killer on our hands :shock:
Image
andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
Location: welcome to the midwest
Contact:

Re: I feel so guilty

Post by andriaSRH »

Gorecore wrote:I know. That's what I try to keep telling myself. "They're vermin and carry all sorts of fun diseases. They multiply as fast as bunnies. They chew holes through wood, wire, and invade your walls."

But I keep seeing a high pitched screaming face staring up at me in the flashlit darkness that looked a lot like this,

Image

Only with a metal bar across its neck.

Yeah, I'm a pussy. I'd never make it as a soldier. I feel bad about killing something that most people would go out of their way to kill with a giant smile on their face.
I doubt it was that cute. Don't feel bad dude, you did what you had to do. Donno why but when you were like "I smashed it's head in" the imagine in my head was way more violent haha. Like you scream in rage "RAAHHH!" and go crazy on the rat. It's okay gore-gore the rat's is in a better place.


Dr. Greenthumb wrote: She proceeded to grab the chick by the legs and slam its head against the wall to put the thing out of its misery. I don't think I've ever been so turned on.

What I'm trying to get at is that there's nothing with mercy killings. In some cases it can even be sexy.
I think I love you :lol:
Certified-Nutter
The Iron Lungs of Wales!
The Iron Lungs of Wales!
Posts: 1835
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: somewhere in the vallies
Contact:

Re: I feel so guilty

Post by Certified-Nutter »

damn i hate mercy killings, they tare my heart in two, but still, a nessecity.
rats n vermin rnt as bad tho, worst one i had to do was when my grandads poodle broke its neck, we couldnt move it and it was in obvious pain.
thinkin back on it my grandad should have dun it, i was only 8, but then again, he was the military type and wanted me to grow up asap kinda thing, ohh well, poor old keedee, may he rest in peace.

ye dun the right thing gore
Image Image Image <- My old account
andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
Location: welcome to the midwest
Contact:

Re: I feel so guilty

Post by andriaSRH »

^ That's messed up.

Reminds me of when my ex boyfriends step dad gave his daughers (not even sick) dog a swirly of death because he didn't want to take care of it. Thinking back on it I should have called the cops on the piece of shit :(
(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5762
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 pm
Contact:

Re: I feel so guilty

Post by (weedguru)scarf »

he would have done the same thing to you gore... kill or be killed
woah
Regarded
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 834
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Israel
Contact:

Re: I feel so guilty

Post by Regarded »

your'e a good man gore! you did what had to be done. you would have let him out to the wild and it would have died anyway.
Image
User avatar
Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Re: I feel so guilty

Post by Dr. Greenthumb »

(weedguru)scarf wrote:he would have done the same thing to you gore... kill or be killed
good thing rats don't have human traps
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users