Packing a bowl

Bongs, pipes, fuckbukets, lungs, vaporizers, grinders etc....

Moderator: Moderators

stonedross
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:09 am
Contact:

Packing a bowl

Post by stonedross »

I have this pipe with about a 1cm in diameter hole where the smoke is pulled through but the problem is that whenever I try to pack it the weed falls through into the pipe and it sucks. I have heard of using a nugget but when I asked my friend he told me that'd be wasting weed, and it's really hard to get around here, so I'm not quite sure what to do.
Vinyl
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 910
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:06 am
Contact:

Post by Vinyl »

either dont break up your weed, and use a nugget. or get a pipe screen, go to your local headshop and pick some up theyre like 5 for a dollar. or if you dont ahve a headshop you can find screens in your house, like the little screen at the end of your faucet.
[img]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5183/sigab4.jpg[/img]
Toke now, or forever hold your piece
219
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:53 am
Contact:

Post by 219 »

Vinyl wrote:either dont break up your weed, and use a nugget. or get a pipe screen, go to your local headshop and pick some up theyre like 5 for a dollar. or if you dont ahve a headshop you can find screens in your house, like the little screen at the end of your faucet.
I wouldn't recommend smoking that. Either pack nugs or pack some bigger and tighter bowls. The only time I used a screen was when I got my first piece and it came with one, but I blew it out with the bowl and lost it.
Vinyl
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 910
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:06 am
Contact:

Post by Vinyl »

a proper pipe screen wont hurt you at all. a cheap screen that isnt meant to be smoked throuugh will most likely give off some kind of bad fumes but barely anything. your best bet is to buy a pipe screen. any pipoe with a hole that 1cm should be usuing a screen. the hole in my pipe is only about 4mm and sometimes i wish i has a screen. :roll:
[img]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5183/sigab4.jpg[/img]
Toke now, or forever hold your piece
Certified-Nutter
The Iron Lungs of Wales!
The Iron Lungs of Wales!
Posts: 1835
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: somewhere in the vallies
Contact:

Post by Certified-Nutter »

pipe screens are essential for pipes i believe, i have a fair sized collection of pipes, n i use a screen with all of them
Image Image Image <- My old account
fkn_eh
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:33 am
Location: middle of the great white north
Contact:

Re: Packing a bowl

Post by fkn_eh »

stonedross wrote: I have heard of using a nugget but when I asked my friend he told me that'd be wasting weed, and it's really hard to get around here, so I'm not quite sure what to do.
Nugs are hard to get?

On another note just pack your bowls real tight, or roll.
dutchmasta
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Tally 850 B!tch
Contact:

Post by dutchmasta »

I place a big piece at the bottom then fill the bowl up with smaller pieces works well for me
blazedsubaru
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1182
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:19 am
Location: WA
Contact:

Post by blazedsubaru »

dutchmasta wrote:I place a big piece at the bottom then fill the bowl up with smaller pieces works well for me
Yep. I start with a small nug then put the small bits on top.
How you do that? I call it dope by magic. This dope by magic got me rich as I want to be...
My baby..
[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j138/awdfwd/avatarwrx.jpg[/img]
The.Truth
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:47 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by The.Truth »

Vinyl wrote:you can find screens in your house, like the little screen at the end of your faucet.
This is really bad advice NEVER do this.


Pipe screens are sold at corner stores, if for whatever reason you can't find any, or can't dig up 99 cents just roll a joint, or don't smoke the weed. Simple.
Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:59 am
Location: Stoned Soliloquy
Contact:

Post by Weedguru_Falkon »

Eh... chances are the screen in your faucet is made of the same or nearly the same material as a smoking screen. As long as its not brass i dont believe it should inflict any harm... Though i could be wrong

But how is the hole in your pipe 1 cm? thats fuckin massive! even 4mm is huge. The pipes i own, the largest hole is maybe 2.5mm. I dont have any problems with it.

But in case you are really concerned about using screens (in terms of health related issues( they have glass screens that are pretty damn cool. I had one with one of my pipes but when i got fucked up at a party i lost it somehow. Im not surprised though. I had the weed and the paraphenalia for the 15 or so people there. Oh well. They look cool too :)
Image
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.
m3tal
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 550
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:56 pm
Contact:

Post by m3tal »

The faucet screens work really well. They're steel and thats the best way to go in terms of screens.
[size=75]You have entered the twilight zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use the key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams creation
Enter this world of imagination[/size]
(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5762
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 pm
Contact:

Post by (weedguru)scarf »

blazedsubaru wrote:
dutchmasta wrote:I place a big piece at the bottom then fill the bowl up with smaller pieces works well for me
Yep. I start with a small nug then put the small bits on top.

yep this works for me...
i have a fair collection of pipes... never had to use a screen
woah
Kjm420
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:32 am
Contact:

Post by Kjm420 »

yeah 1 cm is HUGE i cant imagine that, mines like 1/3rd of 1cm
SladeHino
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 506
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by SladeHino »

If your screen doesn't go on there right, like it wouldn't on mine, i kinda folded mine a little, and put it down into the bowl.but i can tweezers it out if need be. It helps alot, i also plan to do that so i keep pulled through bud.
Qapow.
JokerTheTokerr
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:36 am
Contact:

Post by JokerTheTokerr »

Iv been desperate once or twice and have made a screen out of tin foil.. pretty sure its harmless becuase most people have used tinfoil pipes before.!

just fit it in your pipe and poke some holes with a small needle :D
Im a chick
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users