Crash

Got an opinion on a movie? Stick it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
limit
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:53 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Crash

Post by limit »

Well, this movie was really different. It kind of opens your eyes a little to the absurd amount of racism there are these days. Just after watching it Iwas talking to some dude and he was talking about some "idiot who couldn't speak english" and going on about how he hates them.. strange how it seems normal when it's so wrong.

Very emotional movie, especially with the daughter of the locksmith, just the look on the guys face was crazy. I actually didn't particularly like it though, it seemed overdone like they were trying to make it really complex when infact it was so simple and linear it was annoying.. the only real thing that hooked me though was the music.. right near the end when shows the dude lookin out the window.. car burning etc. that song was heaven to my ears when I was baked.. plus 'Maybe Tomorrow' at the end added somethin to the film which really wasn't there..

Just wanted to know what opinions everyone else had on this movie.. it frustrated me.
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/slybert_cruz/keirasig.jpg[/img]
Head up young man,
this might be the only chance you get in the course of infinity,
don't ever forget that.
(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5762
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 pm
Contact:

Post by (weedguru)scarf »

i enjoyed this movie... had no idea what it was about when before i saw it... but i found it to be an interesting portrayal of the racism which you explained as "normal"
my dad was watching the tv the other night and said..."fucking rag-heads"... made me think... racism is the biggest problem we face as the new generation... there is such a vast divide between cultures now that it is almost becoming irrepairable...

But back to the movie... don cheadle (i think thats his surname) is a brilliant actor! i really did enjoy this movie despite it being slightly over-done with the exagerated racist stereotypes.
woah
SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1549
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:20 am
Location: Where gravity no longer exists
Contact:

Post by SToNeR ChRiS »

Personally, Crash is definately one of my favorite movies ever. I haven't watched it in awhile though. I found that the script writing and planning made for a very effective movie.
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...
Weedguru Sensei
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3440
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:59 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Sensei »

I hated this movie with a passion. I found it to be the most contrived piece of garbage cliche.

This, along with Hotel Rwanda make up the two most overrated films in history.
[img]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1430/a45343a17d936183b9159c5zw2.gif[/img]
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users