Jah bless
Death
Moderator: Moderators
-
Grrrl
- Moderator
- Posts: 1220
- Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:19 pm
- Location: Manchester, uk
- Contact:
Death
I don't believe that there's anything after death but I recently heard a theory which some of you might find interesting. A friend of mine suggested that me thought that whatever your last thought was before you die, would follow you to the afterlife. If it was true knowing my luck I'd think summat stoopid like 'woah check that caterpillar out'. But anyways what do you guys think? Good theory? Have your own to share?
Jah bless
Jah bless

Me importa un pimiento...
-
Darth Inhaler
- Bonghead

- Posts: 454
- Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:58 am
- Location: Connecticut
- Contact:
Hmm...I think that every thought you've ever had would follow you to the afterlife, not just your last one.
I believe every person has a spirit---an immortal spirit trapped inside a mortal body. When your body dies, your spirit will go somewhere. Heaven, hell, reincarnation, whatever, but it goes somewhere.
I believe every person has a spirit---an immortal spirit trapped inside a mortal body. When your body dies, your spirit will go somewhere. Heaven, hell, reincarnation, whatever, but it goes somewhere.
I think drugs have done some good things for us, and if you don't believe me, do me a favor. Go home tonight and burn all your albums, tapes, and cd's. Because the musicians who made all that great music...rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fucking high on drugs.
-
andriaSRH
- s†☼nër bi†ch

- Posts: 6299
- Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
- Location: welcome to the midwest
- Contact:
it scares me when i think about not having myself in the afterlife. just dying is not enough for me. i still want to be me, have all my personality, and all my memories. just being nowhere is scary as hell.
i have a recurring theory that pops up alot when i'm smoking. i look at the situation i'm in, and it feels like i've done it before. it's so fimilar. i like to believe that i'm already dead and i'm just reliving my life over and over again, because i'm a silly stoner girl
i have a recurring theory that pops up alot when i'm smoking. i look at the situation i'm in, and it feels like i've done it before. it's so fimilar. i like to believe that i'm already dead and i'm just reliving my life over and over again, because i'm a silly stoner girl
-
weedguru_animal
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6562
- Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
- Location: south
- Contact:
Despite my gut feeling that death is The End, I do have a little more than mere hope for a routine somewhere between darth's "---an immortal spirit trapped inside a mortal body. When your body dies, your spirit will go somewhere. Heaven, hell, reincarnation, whatever, but it goes somewhere." and sofaqueens intruiging "i like to believe that i'm already dead and i'm just reliving my life over and over again,"
Such a vast and powerful subject requires intelligent abstract thought and consideration, which I don't have the time for now as Henry Miller's Nexus is attracting my mind like a brain-magnet. The same book raised some very interested ideas about modern perceptions of death and of life, which I hope to bring to the debate forum once I have got my head round what he was saying, and of cours; finished the book.
A seperate issue is that I have felt the spirit of Hunter (S Thompson) many times whilst reading his work. Through heartily digesting his personal letter collections to augment my studies of his journalistic and fictional feats, I have definately found a situation in which I am sporadically able to 'feel' his spirit. It is found within his words, he poured his Self 100% into everything he wrote and it shows. Therefore, I surmise that spirit can be passed on through words. Maybe we live on after physical death through the presence of our spirit that is left in the souls of those still living mortal lives.
I would go as far as to say that the majority of written work I have produced which I take some pride from, is directly attributed to the inspiration gleamed from 'feeling' hunter's decidedly colourful spirit.
Such a vast and powerful subject requires intelligent abstract thought and consideration, which I don't have the time for now as Henry Miller's Nexus is attracting my mind like a brain-magnet. The same book raised some very interested ideas about modern perceptions of death and of life, which I hope to bring to the debate forum once I have got my head round what he was saying, and of cours; finished the book.
A seperate issue is that I have felt the spirit of Hunter (S Thompson) many times whilst reading his work. Through heartily digesting his personal letter collections to augment my studies of his journalistic and fictional feats, I have definately found a situation in which I am sporadically able to 'feel' his spirit. It is found within his words, he poured his Self 100% into everything he wrote and it shows. Therefore, I surmise that spirit can be passed on through words. Maybe we live on after physical death through the presence of our spirit that is left in the souls of those still living mortal lives.
I would go as far as to say that the majority of written work I have produced which I take some pride from, is directly attributed to the inspiration gleamed from 'feeling' hunter's decidedly colourful spirit.
- ninjamonkey
- Casual toker

- Posts: 63
- Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:38 pm
- Location: tin can
- Contact:
-
wizz
- Bonghead

- Posts: 486
- Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:00 am
- Contact:
Well when I first started becoming a stoner and thinking about that stuff.. ya it gets really deep and hard to think about.. and so many different ideas come to mind it just sucks that we dont know what will happen..
but one day my dads older friend told him a story when he had a heart attack.. he said he was having bad chest pains one day so he said he didnt want to risk it and went to the hospital.. then he realized from the hospital he was having a massive heart attack.. then they took him to ER and injected him with something right to the heart.. and supposedly it was the wrong dosage or wrong stuff but he said he came out of his body and watched as they performed the surgery on the top of the wall he sat there and saw the straight line that said he was dead.. and then they brought him back to life and hes still here today..
but one day my dads older friend told him a story when he had a heart attack.. he said he was having bad chest pains one day so he said he didnt want to risk it and went to the hospital.. then he realized from the hospital he was having a massive heart attack.. then they took him to ER and injected him with something right to the heart.. and supposedly it was the wrong dosage or wrong stuff but he said he came out of his body and watched as they performed the surgery on the top of the wall he sat there and saw the straight line that said he was dead.. and then they brought him back to life and hes still here today..
-
Ikku
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2687
- Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
- Contact:
- Dr. Greenthumb
- Stoned Immaculate

- Posts: 8112
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
- Contact:
-
Darth Inhaler
- Bonghead

- Posts: 454
- Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:58 am
- Location: Connecticut
- Contact:
Sometime I feel like people are cheating death when they go to the hospital to get liver transplants or things like that.
If any of my organs fail it's going to stay like that. I don't want to go through sugery just because I want to live a little longer, it's not worth it.
If any of my organs fail it's going to stay like that. I don't want to go through sugery just because I want to live a little longer, it's not worth it.
I think drugs have done some good things for us, and if you don't believe me, do me a favor. Go home tonight and burn all your albums, tapes, and cd's. Because the musicians who made all that great music...rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fucking high on drugs.
-
Ikku
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2687
- Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
- Contact:
Nope, I don't think that's a good point of view at all. Get away from the personified "death". There is no such thing as fate.
By the way, I think that if you were dying and had a chance to live, you would probably take it. Your good old survival mechanisms would kick in, because in reality no one really wants to die.
By the way, I think that if you were dying and had a chance to live, you would probably take it. Your good old survival mechanisms would kick in, because in reality no one really wants to die.
-
pkkupo
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1761
- Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:12 am
- Location: Minnesota, USA
- Contact:
" to the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure" -albus dumbledore
-now i relize dumbledore is not real, and is just a figment of J.K. rowlings imagination, but here it seems he makes a good point.
the fact that no living being, not one, knows whats after the life we have now is an almost exciting thought...now im not saying we should kill ourselves just to see what it is. By all means enjoy life right now while you can, but i like to try not to fear death as the ultimate end. oh, and i believe when we die we are born as a different being, this or another world, new life and new "soul". nothing from a former life, because you actually had no former life. i hope that makes sense...
-now i relize dumbledore is not real, and is just a figment of J.K. rowlings imagination, but here it seems he makes a good point.
the fact that no living being, not one, knows whats after the life we have now is an almost exciting thought...now im not saying we should kill ourselves just to see what it is. By all means enjoy life right now while you can, but i like to try not to fear death as the ultimate end. oh, and i believe when we die we are born as a different being, this or another world, new life and new "soul". nothing from a former life, because you actually had no former life. i hope that makes sense...

Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth...
-
Ikku
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2687
- Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
- Contact:
-
andriaSRH
- s†☼nër bi†ch

- Posts: 6299
- Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
- Location: welcome to the midwest
- Contact:
-
pkkupo
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1761
- Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:12 am
- Location: Minnesota, USA
- Contact:
yeah, your self as you are now would be dead....i know its a sad thought, but is makes more sense to me.Ikku wrote:So you're saying that when we die, a completely different being with really no connection to ourselves springs up? That doesn't preserve the self, and as far as I can tell you would still be dead.

Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth...
-
whoo_hoo_jimny
- Casual toker

- Posts: 49
- Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:58 am
- Location: Sheffield, UK
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users