hey mario

Discuss poems from this section, or post one of your own here

Moderators: weedguru_animal, Moderators

Post Reply
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

hey mario

Post by weedguru_animal »

Hey Mario,
What can I say?
Thanks a lot for helping make me the man I am today,
Cos you picked me up ,
When I was down,
Not even gasping for breath,
Under the water, and accepting that I was gunna drown,

My star had truly fallen,
And landed on the dark side of the moon,
I had been trying to eat soup with a fork,
Till you gave me some bread and a spoon…
and worked hard to re-instill,
parta my spirit,
that i thought my X had been cruel enough to killl..

You taught me the italian way to cook,
That its cool to leap,
But only after you’ve taken a good look,
The knowledge that can be imparied from a historical book,
So much,
If we’d stayed in brighton longer,
You probably would have taught me some dutch…

You helped me to express,
The latin blood which flows so strong,
You seem to treat everyone you meet,
Completely right, never wrong…
You could see the beauty of a woman,
Without needing to see her dressed in a thong…

You gave me a great example,
Of how to be a man,
Ive always been missing a dad,
So maybe you were part of destinys master plan….


youll always have my respect,
you’ll always have my love,
meeting people like you,
makes me believe our lives our governed by a force that exists high above,

Thanks for your friendship,
Thanks for your care,
Thanks for all the amazing food,
And For showing me its okay to have big hair.

I wish you well,
With beglium and your wicked wife,
I wish in boca al lupo,
And know we’ll stay friends for life…..
Zen
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:56 am
Location: P.G., British Columbia
Contact:

Post by Zen »

woooow man... At first I thought the poem was gonna be about Mario from such 16-bit games as Mario, Mario 2, aaand Mario 3! But then I read about the learning Dutch bit and realized it couldn't be lovable little Mario.... I could feel the every bit of emotion and honest care for this guy with each word! Personal Poetry's the best!

I think my favourite part of the poem was:
You helped me to express,
The latin blood which flows so strong,
You seem to treat everyone you meet,
Completely right, never wrong…
You could see the beauty of a woman,
Without needing to see her dressed in a thong…

You gave me a great example,
Of how to be a man,
Ive always been missing a dad,
So maybe you were part of destinys master plan….
That just seemed to tell it all. Great piece bro! I loved it!

Hehe I especially liked the line ]]And for showing me its okay to have big hair[[. :D I used to have long great hair but I cut it all off and now I'm slowly trying to grow it all back because I miss it. I'm glad you were able to find some direction for your life man, Grats to that :D

Peace~
Use the Earth to sew...
Use the Water to grow...
Use your hands to pick...
Your fingers to pack...
Use the Fire to burn...
Use the Air to breathe...
AND TOKE THAT SH!T LIKE A MUTHA FUCKIN' CYCLONE!!!

-Derekson
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Post by weedguru_animal »

cheers zen, he is a great man, wiser than perhaps any other human i have met, when i left the uk, he was leaving too, a few weeks after, so yeh kinda like my thanks for the last 4 years of been like brother/father/ mate, i lucky to have met him, and do often think that it was destined...
but i got problems with the idea of destiny, or maybe just destiny has problems with me..
but cheers mate!
i send him the poem when i get round to buying a stamp or two!
Zen
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:56 am
Location: P.G., British Columbia
Contact:

Post by Zen »

Good call man, stamps are damn expensive these days :evil:

As for Destiny... I hear ya man, it can be a rough ride sometimes, but evey rollercoaster has it's HOLY SHIT moments, wether it's a good HOLY SHIT or a bad HOLY SHIT....shit just happens ya know

Peace~
Use the Earth to sew...
Use the Water to grow...
Use your hands to pick...
Your fingers to pack...
Use the Fire to burn...
Use the Air to breathe...
AND TOKE THAT SH!T LIKE A MUTHA FUCKIN' CYCLONE!!!

-Derekson
13laze
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:53 am
Location: Pluto
Contact:

Post by 13laze »

^ well said.
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Post by weedguru_animal »

i appreciate your way of looking at destiny, but i alwasy tend to examine the idea of destuny as stuff happening for a reason, not only ina already destined/decided way. No matter how many times i feel that thinhs ave happened for reason, i alwsy got miullions of people who have bene born intoa life, where they have nothing but a slim grim chanceof survival past been a kid, whether that be in a ghetto in the states or w rwandan refugee camp. that is why i have a problem with destiny, as it doesnt appearto be fair, and it make sme so angry when people say'you see me and her were destinged to meet, or i was destiend to get theat job, as there is some force controling our lives pusshing us in the direction here and there for good or for bad, i agree with that sometimes, but i get angry when the same people reply to my question of 'waht about if you are born disabled/mentlly imparied/ or savagely poor with no food around you?'
and the reply is something like 'oh it must have een something they did in previous life.' now that makes me angry, tha kinda tehory ,cos its a theory that is wrong. if we were all born on equal footing with equal chances/opportunites, then maybe i could subscribe to a destined idea of life but its too right now with so many of the worlds humans struggling desprately to eat each day. i canty see the justficiation for their destiny to be misery/war/disease and general harshness. so yeh my battles with the ideaof destiny continue.
all i know is that most of my MAJOR mistakes in life have been MY fault, MY doing, and i can usually trace me recent hisroty back afew steps before some naty kinda adversity, and see a decision or lack of decision which has led to whatveer shit comes by me. but then theres so ,much tha i cant explain...

like saying a little prayerr 3 years ago for a delicious, loving, caring, intellgient, sexy as hell andgel, who would be smaller than me with latin blood and looks to match, to be sent into my life, and 3 months later laurene came out of nowehre to sweep my off my feet., things like strange as wle, i write ryhmebotu it maybe, as shud do, it makes better ryhme tha my usual sweetness and more normal adoration i wrote for her, tho my lustful ryhmes have been some of my best to date i would say, just a shame i cant print them on here as they tood explicit for both my own sense of privacy and the sites kid population!!!!
Zen
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:56 am
Location: P.G., British Columbia
Contact:

Post by Zen »

Yeah I agree man, recently, quite recently in fact, sometime between posting that last post and now, I had a revelation. I always used to think of destiny as this big monstrous uncontrollable force. Now, while that may be true with animals, food chain and the circle of life and whast not, I believe one of the reasons that makes us humans special is that fact that we have the ability t o shape our destiny. I'm not saying we can change it to whatever we want and make coats out of toothpicks but I'm saying that while we're on this "roller coaster ride" there is tons of shit we can do differently from everybody else on this ride. ANd it's our own choice to do whatsoever we choose. I refuse to believe there is no such thing as destiny because somethings are just two wierd when they happen that can't be explained otherwise.

For example yesterday, my body woke me up at 4:00am... I never wake up at 4am expecially when I"m dead tired on my way to bed. ANyways, I couldn't get back to sleep afterwards so I poppedon MSN to check my e-mail. I didn't have any new mail but a very old buddy of mine in Texas started chattin it up with me and we had a good long 2 hour conversation about life. It really put a lot of things in perspective for me, and now it feels like I've found the older brother that I've always wanted to talk to all my life. That whole day yesterday was just full of positive vibes, mostly comming from me hehe. I don't think it was fluke that my body woke up at 4 in the morning or the fact that my old friend happened to be online at the moment. I'm at a point in my life where I've been looking for a lot of guidance, and out of no where, this guy swoops down and hands me a candle and a flashlight.

Maybe life is more like a big fancy cruise ship. While you're on the ship there's so many different possibilities of thing syou cna do to have fun or relax (not saying life is full of fun and relaxation all the time but just bear with), but ultimately you're all on the same cruise, there's a beginning and an end. Some people might spend it all tanning on the poop deck, while another might be playin volleybacl, chillin in a hot tub, or eating half the buffet in the dining room. Then there are the workers and the less fortunate people that live in the below decks as opposed to the fancy suites. Some could even fall over board, or get sea sickness, but you still have lots of different options and choices to do, with the good and bad stuff that can happen to us on a cruise, but hopefully we'll all end up back in port when the rides over.

I don't know how good an analogy that was bout I'm out hehe

Peace~
Use the Earth to sew...
Use the Water to grow...
Use your hands to pick...
Your fingers to pack...
Use the Fire to burn...
Use the Air to breathe...
AND TOKE THAT SH!T LIKE A MUTHA FUCKIN' CYCLONE!!!

-Derekson
Weedguru_Dusk
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:54 am
Location: 7th circle of hell
Contact:

Post by Weedguru_Dusk »

I love the second stanza.

I think there are certain people we are meant to meet in our lives at certain times that becomes a teacher or something of the sorts.
"having a conversation with you is like walking through a Salvador Dali painting"
[i] ...and your eyes look like they've seen too much its always some excuse too tired, too obtuse you look so far removed, this time I fear im losing you [/i]
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Post by weedguru_animal »

cheers dusk,
and i gotta say i agree on some levels for sure, cos i managed to meet a few extremely fucking amazing people and animals in mylife who seem to love me despite my savage intenisty, overactive mind and general 'twisted'sense of humour.

tho on the other hand i think maybe i just been lucky, or its been co of my own philosophy of trying to intereact with every form of life i come across in some way or another. i love to meet people, and echange energy. this is partly because i have a natural intrigue for thos ei dont know and i think the more life you touch the more you can understand. more over i have concluded a while back that the only true way for me to be able to judge myself is by lookig at the people who love me, my mates my lady my mum my cats, and also specifically the way strangers find me as i never fake, i myself, the loud guy, who likes getting high, who only for the first few seconds that you meet him may act kinda shy.
Weedguru_Dusk
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:54 am
Location: 7th circle of hell
Contact:

Post by Weedguru_Dusk »

Ah I like how you put that. Heh, which reminds me of the fortune cookie I was given today in my philosophy class. It was about always having good luck in personal affairs.
However, I suppose I lean more towards fate because I am a very unlucky person. But I believe you meet everyone for a reason, down to people who might even screw up your life for a time.
My ex screwed up my life for three years to where there's still effects, but from that I can help others stay out of a situation like that.
My current man stepped in as a whole new phase to my life last april. He became my best friend who pretty much helped me dig outta a hole and hell I've learned a lot, I just ended up falling in love with the jerk in the process. :roll:
"having a conversation with you is like walking through a Salvador Dali painting"
[i] ...and your eyes look like they've seen too much its always some excuse too tired, too obtuse you look so far removed, this time I fear im losing you [/i]
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users