Middle Children.

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

MOT
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1916
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:55 am
Contact:

Middle Children.

Post by MOT »

Why is it so many (not all) middle children become so difficult in one way or another. There seems to be a chip on their shoulder about something. My brother is the middle one between myself and my sister. He spouts some crap about never havin had mum and dad to himself at any stage in his life, which is true but why should it make a difference.
I saw this programme about it today and some of these kids get so messed up by these issues. One of them stabbed their younger sister through jealousy!
Fuckin mad shit! :?
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/cainedtom/anti-nazi.jpg[/img]
Thats what uni's about!!! Eating some beef and finding its not quite to your taste!!!
Guest

Post by Guest »

I'm the middle child, and I am a firm believer in the whole "middle child syndrome". You have no idea how much it sucks. :(
jonny cockeral
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6131
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Newcastle, England
Contact:

Post by jonny cockeral »

i believe in it, my brother is the very best of fuck ups
Cameron.
Shwoot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2482
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:51 pm
Location: P.E., Canada
Contact:

Post by Shwoot »

Yeah I'm a middle child, it's shitty. I just graduated from high school, and I'm starting my first year of university this fall. My sister graduated 2 years ago, yet for some reason she decided to wait until the same year as me to go to uni, so there isn't as much money to go around. On top of that, my mom decided to take her nursing course this year.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/Pron88/mandyedt.jpg[/img]
auto
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Albany, NY
Contact:

Post by auto »

Thats why my parents only had 2. And I'm only having 2... or I'm only keeping 2.


(JUST KIDDING TO THAT SECOND PART)
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside »

Something tells me that me and my girlfriend wont have children.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
tweedle

Post by tweedle »

Isit because your girlfriend is really your boyfriend? :shock: :lol:
Big Daddy
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2737
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:25 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Big Daddy »

Eh, im the baby :D :D :D and it does have its advantages :wink:
Get Funky Wit Yo Bad Self
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/blazefan04/st1.gif[/img]
Midnight Toker
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3463
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:55 pm
Location: England

Post by Midnight Toker »

I'm the youngest, so i can't speak from personal experience, but i can certainly see how that could become an issue.

Think about it, the oldest is your parents first child, so there will always be that attachment, and they are also the obviously the first to do everything (driving, going to school/college etc) while it is still new to their parents.

So the middle child comes along and becomes the baby, and just as it gets into an awkward stage in their development, and are used to being the main object of their parents attention, along comes this new little kid, and they are no longer the baby of the family.

This new little kid totally steals their limelight, and all the attention previously focused on the middle child becomes redirected towards the new kid.

The older child will never stop being given attention because they are doing stuff that is still new and exciting for their parents, and the middle child just sort of slips into the background. The older child has already done what he's doing, and the youngest is not only cuter, but simply needs the attention alot more.

Therefore the middle child feels ignored, unappreciated and unloved which can cause them to act out in order to get attention.
[img]http://img155.exs.cx/img155/7595/tillijk2ss.png[/img]

''I spent alot of money on booze, birds
and fast cars. The rest i just squandered.'' - George Best
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

I'm a last child so I got babied to death
Image
tweedle

Post by tweedle »

Im the oldest but I only live with 1 of my brothers, the other two live with my pops
mac dre
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1974
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:39 pm
Contact:

Post by mac dre »

i got 2 older siblings and three younger.. i dont really care about being the "middle child" less attention on me means i can fuck around more. :lol:
Superman when I grip the mic, only way I'm slowing downs if I blow a pound of kryptonite
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

^Good point there
Image
auto
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Albany, NY
Contact:

Post by auto »

This sorta doesn't go here, but.... what about having big acts to follow. I mean I'm the younger of 2. But my sister is pre-med at an ivyleague school and still getting fucking 3.7 or better. Anyone else feel like you've got a lot of shit to live up to cuz of sibs?
Shwoot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2482
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:51 pm
Location: P.E., Canada
Contact:

Post by Shwoot »

auto wrote:This sorta doesn't go here, but.... what about having big acts to follow. I mean I'm the younger of 2. But my sister is pre-med at an ivyleague school and still getting fucking 3.7 or better. Anyone else feel like you've got a lot of shit to live up to cuz of sibs?
Hah yeah that's what I'm riding on. I got my insurance a week ago, and my older sister doesn't have her beginners. My sister is taking 3 courses at uni for one semester, while I have a full course load for the full year. I have a job, my sister lives off unemployment.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/Pron88/mandyedt.jpg[/img]
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users