what do YOU think happens after death

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

weedguru caro wrote:Yeah, that is pretty sick. I don't think worms could penetrate a coffin which is inside a concrete and metal box.

You wouldn't need worms to make it horrifying and disgusting though. The thought of what a dead person looks like 3 or 4 weeks after being in the ground are not pleasant.

So most of you (those who think nothing happens) don't believe humans have souls?
I think the 'believing in humans having souls' is something way to abstract to realy get a grip on.

Some ppl believe we have souls, just cause they believe the book, or cause their religion teaches them the human soul is something real and important, others just think its plane bullshit.

I dont think its real, i dont think its bullshit, its just one of those things you cant put your finger on (literaly)
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

weedguru caro wrote:Yeah, that is pretty sick. I don't think worms could penetrate a coffin which is inside a concrete and metal box.

You wouldn't need worms to make it horrifying and disgusting though. The thought of what a dead person looks like 3 or 4 weeks after being in the ground are not pleasant.

So most of you (those who think nothing happens) don't believe humans have souls?
I think the 'believing in humans having souls' is something way to abstract to realy get a grip on.

Some ppl believe we have souls, just cause they believe the book, or cause their religion teaches them the human soul is something real and important, others just think its plane bullshit.

I dont think its real, i dont think its bullshit, its just one of those things you cant put your finger on (literaly)
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
Shwoot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2482
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:51 pm
Location: P.E., Canada
Contact:

Post by Shwoot »

I don't know what to think. For the longest time I've believed that we just die and that's it, but lately this has gotten me kinda down. I wish I could believe in heaven and hell and such, but it's really hard to take in. I've been considering becoming christian just so that I can have something to look forward to after death.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/Pron88/mandyedt.jpg[/img]
Scratch
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1350
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:46 am
Location: inhale...exhaleee..
Contact:

Post by Scratch »

I don't belive in heaven and hell. What I do belive in and I'm sure of that is that people are energy and matter. Not only people, but life in general. Also, I belive that the planet is a living being also (check out the Gea theory if you're interested, it's a scientific theory and has been proven to be true mathematically etc.). So, if we are an energy, and energy cannot be destroyed, than that energy must go somewhere. Where, who knows. But it must go somewhere. That energy is the soul. It may dissolve, it may be preserved, doesn't really meather. Just my thoughts...
Shwoot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2482
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:51 pm
Location: P.E., Canada
Contact:

Post by Shwoot »

Mine too. I've been combining multiple theories. I'm starting to believe that heaven and hell are just different types of energy, and that miracles are caused by positive energy from groups of people.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/Pron88/mandyedt.jpg[/img]
tweedle

Post by tweedle »

When I was 9 I think or around that age, My Great Nan died. After she had died my mums aunt(im just gonna call them my uncles and aunts in this post) was in her house with my uncle, when she closed her eyes and someone else was talking for her, she was a nun that was in heaven, I cant recall her name. Anyway, she said that on Boxing Day, she would come back and that we could all talk to my great nan. Boxing day came around and all my family were sitting and chatting and shit after the meal and what not when just like she said, she came back. My aunts eyes closed and she talked in a diffrent voice, she was passing messages on from my great nan. She said that she was fine and she was in heaven with my great grandad(he had died before I was born) My cousin asked what it was like, she said that you go through this fountain and you have the choice to go back to earth and live your life but the feeling is just so good and that you feel so safe and its so much better that you dont want to. She said when you are there you see picture frames on the wall of previous lifes that you have lived. We asked her what we were like in previous lifes and she said I was a Norwegian Sailor. That shit was kinda freaky and although I am not religious 1 bit, from that moment I have always believed there is a Heaven.
ladymorgain67
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:13 am
Location: Lancaster, PA, USA
Contact:

after death

Post by ladymorgain67 »

8) I would like to think that our energy goes somewhere to continue. Wheather we are reincarnated or go to "heaven" or hang on a star, I just cant see "nothing" I'm not religious but rather spiritual, and feel that we are what we make of ourselves by word and deed. I would hope to go through eternity learning and growing with a possibility of positively affecting future generations. I'have been a long time just learning patience, it's been a long hard journey to this point. I cant believe that all that we do is for naught because physical life ends.
For what its worth, I believe in ghosts, spirits,etc.
I guess we wont know till we get there, wherever there is.
May the resin preserve you!
BGDetroit

Re: after death

Post by BGDetroit »

ladymorgain67 wrote:8) I would like to think that our energy goes somewhere to continue. Wheather we are reincarnated or go to "heaven" or hang on a star, I just cant see "nothing" I'm not religious but rather spiritual, and feel that we are what we make of ourselves by word and deed. I would hope to go through eternity learning and growing with a possibility of positively affecting future generations. I'have been a long time just learning patience, it's been a long hard journey to this point. I cant believe that all that we do is for naught because physical life ends.
For what its worth, I believe in ghosts, spirits,etc.
I guess we wont know till we get there, wherever there is.
I feel similar.

My views change all the time and it fucks wiht my head. I think so many different things i dont know what one i feel is right.

I would like to think something happens after what we call death. But i am not religious, And i dont belive in going to heaven/hell.

But id like to still think something happens.

I know when ive had to deal with death, Which is way to many times then id like too. When its someone real close to your family, Somebody you've known all your life and see every single day. After they pass on from whatever. I like to think they're still somehow with me, In my heart, In my memory, But when i go to they're grave and talk to them, I like to feel they can still hear me and feel emotions im spitting at them.
Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Post by Gorecore »

I didn't read this thread at all before posting this, so I apologize if I repeat anything said here:

I think when we die we actually awaken for the first time. We open our eyes for the first time in a world that's dark, not white.

It's cold. Very cold. You sit alone with only the faintest light coming from an unknown source. Time no longer has meaning, and nothing is everything. I guess you could say you come back as a mirrored opposite of your former self.

That'd be awful for me. I'd come back a dishonest, slovenly, unshaven, feminist lesbian wearing birkenstocks and screaming some obscure Fiona Apple lyrics.
Image
ladymorgain67
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:13 am
Location: Lancaster, PA, USA
Contact:

after death

Post by ladymorgain67 »

One member of my family died from a heroin OD and his mom and sister were murdered. A whole arm of my family tree gone in 1 year. I have to believe they are with us day to day watching over us and making sure were OK. There is no way for me to really believe differently. Last year has taught me the truth of here today, gone tomorrow. I really dont know about God in the scheme of things, but I dont believe in his benevolence. I think life is too short and its getting shorter every day so I try to make each one better than the last just in case I dont have a tomorrow.
May the resin preserve you!
Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Post by Gorecore »

Holy cheese fart Matban! We have ourselves a quadruple post!!
Image
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Gorecore wrote:Holy cheese fart Matban! We have ourselves a quadruple post!!
:shock: Higher edits
Image
User avatar
kiwidan
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:11 am
Location: new zealand
Contact:

Post by kiwidan »

if there is a god, hes a sick bastid for sure and id love to kick his ass around the parking lot for a while :evil:
sorry for being all serious and sad, had a bad day
on the highway that is life, you can never have too many rest stops
cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted
Posts: 7747
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
Location: Home of the Sioux!
Contact:

Post by cutthecashflow »

kiwidan wrote:if there is a god, hes a sick bastid for sure and id love to kick his ass around the parking lot for a while :evil:
sorry for being all serious and sad, had a bad day
Im pretty sure if you fought god he would spoon feed you!
Get busy living or get busy dying.
ladymorgain67
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:13 am
Location: Lancaster, PA, USA
Contact:

life after....

Post by ladymorgain67 »

:dunno: We live in an area saturated with a religious sect called Mennonites, and they like to display little signs at the end of their driveways wih their beliefs on them. I recently saw one that said," Just because you believe it , doesnt make it true. "
I liked the duality of the statement and thought this would be the place to post this ponderous idea.
May the resin preserve you!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users