Future
Moderator: Moderators
-
BGDetroit
Future
If you could see the future, would you really want to?
I dont know if i would, Bits and peices, Real small igsanifigant(SP? I know its wrong) bits and peices. Because if you knew everything life wouldnt really matter.
Discuss.
Edit: This is a question which they'res so many positives but so many negatives its super hard to choose which one id want. Id like to see tiny things that happened. Like not anything to do with my life, Jus random things going on in the world. I feel if i knew even jus tiny bits of my future life would be jus boring.
I dont know if i would, Bits and peices, Real small igsanifigant(SP? I know its wrong) bits and peices. Because if you knew everything life wouldnt really matter.
Discuss.
Edit: This is a question which they'res so many positives but so many negatives its super hard to choose which one id want. Id like to see tiny things that happened. Like not anything to do with my life, Jus random things going on in the world. I feel if i knew even jus tiny bits of my future life would be jus boring.
Last edited by BGDetroit on Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Midnight Toker
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 3463
- Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:55 pm
- Location: England
On the one hand, yes, of course. I could look forward and see the week's winning lottery numbers and i could avoid making huge mistakes that would fuck my life up.
But on the other hand, knowing exactly what would happen and when would take all the fun and adventure out of life. Imagine how boring life would be if you always knew what was around the corner.
Part of the journey of life is to take the rough with the smooth. It's life's depressing low points which make you truly appreciate the highs, if you always knew everything would be just fine, wouldn't you get bored.
Then again you've always got to consider that just because you know the future, that doesn't neccessarily mean you can change it. You might end up knowing all the bad shit that was going to happen to you, and all you could do would be sit back and watch your world fall apart.
So there you go, another thorough yet utterly inconclusive post, brought to you by Midnight.
But on the other hand, knowing exactly what would happen and when would take all the fun and adventure out of life. Imagine how boring life would be if you always knew what was around the corner.
Part of the journey of life is to take the rough with the smooth. It's life's depressing low points which make you truly appreciate the highs, if you always knew everything would be just fine, wouldn't you get bored.
Then again you've always got to consider that just because you know the future, that doesn't neccessarily mean you can change it. You might end up knowing all the bad shit that was going to happen to you, and all you could do would be sit back and watch your world fall apart.
So there you go, another thorough yet utterly inconclusive post, brought to you by Midnight.
[img]http://img155.exs.cx/img155/7595/tillijk2ss.png[/img]
''I spent alot of money on booze, birds
and fast cars. The rest i just squandered.'' - George Best
''I spent alot of money on booze, birds
and fast cars. The rest i just squandered.'' - George Best
-
cutthecashflow
- Intellecutally Wasted

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
- Location: Home of the Sioux!
- Contact:
-
BGDetroit
Thats what i like lol. Its like philosphical, A real thinker. Its real hard to make a choice.Midnight this is all a lie wrote: So there you go, another thorough yet utterly inconclusive post, brought to you by Midnight.
Ill post more of my thoughts tommrow or sometime soon.
Otherwise, Keep on discussing guys.
-
Midnight Toker
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 3463
- Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:55 pm
- Location: England
Nah man, how could that work? The past has already happened, that's why it's the past. It could fuck up the future as it was destined to be, but it couldn't possibly have any bearing on events that have already occured. It's not like time travel.cutthecashflow wrote:If you went into the future and used it to your advantage do you think you would fuck up the past?
[img]http://img155.exs.cx/img155/7595/tillijk2ss.png[/img]
''I spent alot of money on booze, birds
and fast cars. The rest i just squandered.'' - George Best
''I spent alot of money on booze, birds
and fast cars. The rest i just squandered.'' - George Best
-
cutthecashflow
- Intellecutally Wasted

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
- Location: Home of the Sioux!
- Contact:
-
cutthecashflow
- Intellecutally Wasted

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
- Location: Home of the Sioux!
- Contact:
-
tweedle
-
cutthecashflow
- Intellecutally Wasted

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
- Location: Home of the Sioux!
- Contact:
-
blizzunt
- Bonghead

- Posts: 302
- Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:25 am
- Location: connecticut
- Contact:
I think what he was tring to say that if you went into the future and changed stuff it would mess up the past, which is really the present. Harder to explain than I thought maybe...like if we were to travel into the future this present would become the past, and if we were to come back would this have changed.

[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/2dank/banks15hy.jpg[/img] < G-unot
-
Courtneylove5000
- Bonghead

- Posts: 111
- Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:13 am
- Contact:
i would prolly want to see the future of the world's progress, not my own future. it would ruin the surprize. it would be cool to see what kind of cars people drive and how the world leaders have changed. it would be nice to know if they ever really did fully leagalize weed, too. that way i have something to look forward to.
Texas Girl Livin' in PA
-
tweedle
it wouldnt change because the future that you have just been to hasnt happened yetblizzunt wrote:I think what he was tring to say that if you went into the future and changed stuff it would mess up the past, which is really the present. Harder to explain than I thought maybe...like if we were to travel into the future this present would become the past, and if we were to come back would this have changed.![]()
![]()
-
Shwoot
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2482
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:51 pm
- Location: P.E., Canada
- Contact:
I don't see how changing the future would have any connection to the past. Think of.... If you stacked up a bunch of plates, and the higher up they went, the further it was into the future. If you knock a bunch off the top, they fall and smash on the floor, but the ones underneath are totally in tact.
And for the question, no I wouldn't want to see the future. Think of how bad the world is now with crime and war, it's only gonna get worse. If I saw the future, I'd probably want to die.
Sorry to be so negative, but as of late, I'm losing all faith in humans.
And for the question, no I wouldn't want to see the future. Think of how bad the world is now with crime and war, it's only gonna get worse. If I saw the future, I'd probably want to die.
Sorry to be so negative, but as of late, I'm losing all faith in humans.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/Pron88/mandyedt.jpg[/img]
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users